Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Do you guys think this idea is worth pursuing?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Post subject: Re: Increased marine combat idea
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:38 am 
CCI
Emster wrote:
I meant it as a strategy for how to play. Like in CC there is a certain general order of upgrades you get, the battles are usually not to different from one another in terms of weapons and strategies at play, etc. (with a bit of variation). This is just the problem with games of this nature. If one upgrade is determined to be better, then that one is purchased first or in replacement of the other one. That is all.

That's why Dreadnought and I are so excited about the Korean community. They actually have a quite different game path with very little Americas Server influence. I used to complain about the same damn game path happening over and over until I played in Korea.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:01 pm 
Eh. I infiltrate all the time, so maybe I can shed some light on this.
Right now, the combat system is ARC12 rifle + Nanogloves, and baiting the enemy through the elevator while shooting him.
Should be changed.
Currently, infiltration is too easily countered- repair stations undo c4 charged in a few seconds and two people with knowledge of how to counter enemy marines can easily 2v1 him.
My suggestions?
Predator missiles reveal the floor that the spybot is on to the infiltrating marine.
C4 detonation time decreased.
Elevators have a recharge time per marine- even if it's only 5 seconds.
ARC12 rifle decreases move speed like fire armor.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:30 pm 
Yarrr
Wiki edits: 126
This topic might have been before a few updates to infiltration, so some points aren't quite on the nose.

But overall I can roughly agree with that assessment, Squid. Except for one point--

Rather than a 'recharge time', elevators should probably have a delayed effect of, say, 1-1.5 seconds in my opinion. I say this primarily because the 5 second cooldown is probably too hard a counter since it effectively negates a travel path for the infiltrator. (Those two elevators right next to one another.) By having a delayed effect, it instead requires the infiltrator to become a bit more of a stationary target instead to be shot at for a few moments.

But yeah. C4 was originally more powerful, but since it was so effective it become a sort of 'all in' strategy that was either stupidly over effective or a waste of time. You could literally chunk the BC for half it's HP with C4 before.

... honestly, the biggest QoL change I think we could try and see for C4 is to make it more accessible rather than more powerful. Infiltration is more about a lot of small nuisances, creating a stress situation. Maybe C4 could be stacked in the inventory such that a player could bring along more than 4, and perhaps attaching a similar 'area of no placement' to the repair station. I suggest this because, normally, you only get one or two shots at C4 and then it's gone for your entire infiltration. Then... you're sort of just dead in the water, poking at people on consoles. If it was aimed to be balanced around being used in higher frequency, it would allow the infiltrator to more readily wield another tool of distraction. Y'know, rather than relying on elevator hopping.

I don't say that with 100% confidence though. Would prefer to hear some other opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:15 pm 
WhyteDragon wrote:
... elevators should probably have a delayed effect of, say, 1-1.5 seconds in my opinion.

Mhm. Now that i think about it- thats a better idea.
WhyteDragon wrote:
Maybe C4 could be stacked in the inventory such that a player could bring along more than 4...

Honestly, I don't think that would necessarily solve the problem.
All the enemy team would need is one coordinated C4 destroyer- as it takes 30 seconds to blow up anyway, and you would just of wasted pyromanite for nothing.
I might be poking at an idea that does not actually help- but what if we added a defensive matrix to C4 that lasts for the first 10 seconds of the charge- that way the infiltrating marine could attack said cleanup crew.
Also, a good way to fix the repair station problem is to make repair stations not repair debris for the first 3 seconds of their life- that way they cannot take potshots at debris even when you are guarding it (trash guardian ~_~)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:55 pm 
Yarrr
Speaking from the defending side, doesn't a 10 second invulnerability period feel a bit... frustrating? The idea has merit though, it might work.

Also, I probably should have clarified--

WhyteDragon wrote:
... If it was aimed to be balanced around being used in higher frequency,...

Implying a change in cost/damage/debris to suit the more 'spam-able' nature.

And I mean, by argument anything the infiltrator does can be 'countered' by simply having a dedicated person follow them around for the most part. Isn't the entire point of the infiltrator to distract people? If you have one person on C4 cleanup crew, and another two people chasing, aren't you effectively delaying half the team from doing their job by being a single person?

If anything, that sounds like a win to me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:58 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 97
Since the "rebirth" of CC, I have yet to see a single good infiltration.

I must have chased that infiltrator for at least 2 minutes before we finally killed him. he downed me twice. no C4 managed to go off. During that all that time, I had to keep pressing tab and staying close to power. but it didn't matter, they never attacked us. Two whole minutes without a power guy/captain.

You know why the new "good" players of CC are all bad? they think all they have to do is being good at what they do. they fail to see the big picture. when they wraith, all they care about is getting more kills than death, not disrupt mining. when they infiltrate, they do it for the kick of it, not to distract during a fight. when they mine, they just fucking mine. they don't even think of coordinating, going for the right resources instead of that fucking blue we have a thousand of.

They need to see the big picture and see what they can do for the team, instead of what they can do by themselves.

Infil is OP as fuck. doesn't need buff. Could use rework to be made more interesting though

Discord Server
Better replay suggestion
Merwins-island.dyndns.org Unofficial Teamspeak server.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:19 pm 
Yarrr
... finally had a game yesterday where I could infiltrate with the intentions I wanted ever since I started playing again, and can confirm. Infiltration can be game making still.

None the less, I do think the elevator thing is an issue still if for no other reason than it gives unreasonable survivability for all the wrong reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:55 pm 
Idea.
Heres some changes im now suggesting:
Stepping on an elevator has a 1.5 second (or more/less) delay before teleporting.
Repair kits take 2-3 seconds before actually repairing Debris or Hull.
C-4 is harder to kill (has more health or smthing)
C-4 can be targeted with the Dust cannon (the one with the debris-killing focus)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:58 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 97
[quoteIdea.
Heres some changes im now suggesting:
(or more/less) delay before teleporting.
C-4 can be targeted with the Dust cannon (the one with the debris-killing focus)[/quote]

Squid wrote:
Stepping on an elevator has a 1.5 second

Also happens to slow down EVERY moves on the BC. want to load missiles? have fun. bad idea

Squid wrote:

Not sure why you want that. I don't see how it affect anything.

Squid wrote:
direct buff to the already strongest ship (infiltrator) no fucking way.

Squid wrote:
C-4 can be targeted with the Dust cannon (the one with the debris-killing focus)
Could make a useless weapon relevant I guess so sure. but you dont want a dust cannon on you when there's an infiltrator on your ship. so again, no use for that.

Discord Server
Better replay suggestion
Merwins-island.dyndns.org Unofficial Teamspeak server.