Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Why people keep leaving CC
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:01 am 
CCI
Oh, I did not find that thread that you posted a link to. However, I did map it out and I found more than he did. I posted it on the starcraft forums. Link: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17905070703.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:13 am 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
So with this said, what hotkeys do we want for the inventory? 1-6? Even though that will mess up with control groups?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:39 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
Siretu wrote:
So with this said, what hotkeys do we want for the inventory? 1-6? Even though that will mess up with control groups?

id like to avoid 1, for control groups, but really it's the only control group I use for CC - perhaps we could use the F row of keys instead? and if we could apply it to weapons console as well, that would be nice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:17 pm 
Creator
f2 collides with army select. I can make it so marines and ships dont count as army though and it should work fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:48 pm 
CCA
Siretu wrote:
f2 collides with army select. I can make it so marines and ships dont count as army though and it should work fine.

pretty much what I was thinking - you really don't need to have much selected other than the ship/marine..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:45 pm 
Creator
We now have working inventory hotkeys in the dev version. Thanks puppetbones!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:08 pm 
CCI
You're welcome! As for which keys to use: I would prefer 1-6 for miners/corvettes and 1-3 for wraiths because they are closer to the rest of the ss hotkeys and that f row can be inconvenient for laptop users, but I don't think many people play on a laptop anyway. Would it be too much to have it optional which you choose?

And a couple more little suggestions to add to this thread:
- Fix the height of the reaper model...it looks like it's swimming waist deep in the floor lol.
- It's always bothered me that the both BC's start facing to the right. I would like it if they were mirrored, ie both facing towards the center of the map or both facing outward. Preferably center. I think this would relieve the ocd that dwells deep down in all of us.

And great work on the hotkeys...and everything else you've done lately. I like that you changed the hangar consoles, made an extra check box for mining all minerals on ai drones, saved marine model and background choices to the bank, and made nice models for repair bots and asteroid depletion. OP developer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:25 pm 
Yarrr
Wiki edits: 126
slapshot wrote:
id like to avoid 1, for control groups, but really it's the only control group I use for CC

Same here.

The F1, F2..., F6 series is being used I believe, Puppet. And I feel like that's probably more reasonable too.

Also, fix the reaper model? But then we couldn't call him a sweeper anymore!

... as for the OCD issue, it would be nice. However, I have a feeling there are some reasons for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:12 am 
Creator
BC rotation is because of the simple reason that rotation in my triggers defaults to 0. I think there was stuff to rotate them properly, but it broke.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:25 pm 
I would say the reason why people keep leaving CC is the lack of a robust community (we have beginners and veterans, but no one in between) and inaccessible Battlecruiser roles (You need to know everything to take the 1 role available on the BC early game, and its repetitive because you do the same thing over and over again with little room for experimentation)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next