Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Why people keep leaving CC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:37 am 
CCI
I haven't been in many games where low rep players "screwed us over" by purchasing tons of stuff. I usually just tell them to ask before purchasing and they generally oblige. And even then, I often let them buy/do stuff that is not beneficial, just because we need to build a community. Many times I've had that guy that wants to infiltrate, and go ahead and let him even though I know that ship is not gonna even last 5 seconds. I've also let people buy a destroyer quite a few times. It's not game ending. And even if it was CC games are short so it really doesn't matter much anyway.

If it really does bother you though, I would suggest ushering them to the weapons console and let them spam kinetics at enemy small ships. Only thing that hurts is a little energy. I've generally found this to be a good introduction to CC. The noob can see whats going on outside, not buy stuff, learn about energy conservation, and the task is simple.

Post subject: Re: Why people keep leaving CC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:11 pm 
CCA
Yeah, I understand. I do like to let people buy the infiltrators and stuff late game when possible, and I guess if it teaches them a lesson that it isn't going to work, then it is a good thing. I do find, however, that there are so many people who only play cruiser command once, and then forget about it, so teaching a lesson to someone who isn't coming back ends up being useless. On the bright side, it does make the game more interesting, like the last 4v4 I played with 7 noobs. :P