Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shipwrecks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:44 am 
CCI
Now upon miner and chomper death, most of the time you don't lose many minerals. But sometimes you come back with a loaded chomper and you die, losing 500+ minerals. What I'm suggesting is the following:

-upon chomper and/or miner death a wreckage is spawned with the same relative velocity and direction (similarly to green asteroids).

-The wreckage behaves exactly like a green asteroid, it will map warp and bounce off ships and objects.

-This wreckage is accessible by both enemy and allied miners and chompers and upon collection 45%-80% of minerals onboard are salvaged

This would add a new dynamic of not only killing enemy miners and chompers but also to collect their wreckage to "steal" minerals form the enemy team.

Post subject: Re: Shipwrecks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:36 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 97
I'm against that exact concept (in other words : maybe with tweaks, but certainly not like that) due to this strategy making killing chompers pretty much useless. all they'd have to do is head toward the BC before dying and their would be plenty of time for an ally to mine it before the wreckage is lost. Sure the wraith or corvette could knock it on a different path but it might not be easy. Chompers are usually close to their BC so you'd have to expect BC fire, probably enemy wraiths and corvette attacks too. so you'd most likely die before knocking that wreckage on a different path.

It's not a bad idea, it's just really not an idea that can be implemented as is.

Discord Server
Better replay suggestion
Merwins-island.dyndns.org Unofficial Teamspeak server.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:26 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 22
Well the game needs a little bit more on the space map. All we have right now are ships and asteroids, thats it (and nebula if your graphic settings are high enough, but they do nothing) adding some more stuff to the map would make things less monotonous and make things a little more mysterious (Whats that debris doing there? i dont remember anything dying there)

The problem shade is that your over-complicating it (again)

Right now we could start with something simple, like if a ship dies, some debris is created, it has like 100 health and just gets in the way like asteroids but easier to move and easier to clear. No need to start adding resource values and specific speed values for when a ship dies or anything along those lines...its just...there, but i doubt it will get in the way of anything (ships dont die often in cruiser command, so the debris wont fill up the map). It will be a nice little addition that doesnt truly change gameplay but adds a little more variety to the map.

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:39 pm 
CCA
I like your idea Dreadnought.