Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Reducing the overall effectiveness of the battlecruiser
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:17 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
WhyteDragon wrote:
Again, I reiterate -- nobody cares about naturally scouting the current existing tiers, even though they're 'supposed to rock paper scissors one another' as I heard long ago. I see no reason for people to care about scouting the new upgrades then, as much as the current mechanisms will allow.

And.. I suggest fixing that, making it more important to scout/figure stuff out/react to stuff, as otherwise you can just go with a cookie-cutter plan and be very successful

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:47 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 22
Back to the topic at hand...
There seems to be an agreement that....
~Reduce the fire rate of projectiles of each barrage - Degra's Volley Idea (as in the distance between each projectile fired, while ultimantly dps will remain the same, its hard to get a full barrage on to a target)

Other things that are still open to debate
~Reducing shield regeneration per 5 GW from 1.25 to 1.0
~Laser upgrades - Reducing upgrade time, reducing cost scaling, reducing damage per upgrade (20% to 15% seems popular)

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:12 pm 
Yarrr
Wiki edits: 126
Dreadnought wrote:
Back to the topic at hand...
There seems to be an agreement that....
~Reduce the fire rate of projectiles of each barrage - Degra's Volley Idea (as in the distance between each projectile fired, while ultimantly dps will remain the same, its hard to get a full barrage on to a target)

Other things that are still open to debate
~Reducing shield regeneration per 5 GW from 1.25 to 1.0
~Laser upgrades - Reducing upgrade time, reducing cost scaling, reducing damage per upgrade (20% to 15% seems popular)

You missed a core point.

Degra wrote:
Quote:
... if anything, by looking at your complaint, I feel more as if 'another dimension of combat' may be necessary in order to make the battles more engaging. Whether that be by making small ships more relevant in battlecruiser fights, another weapon type, or whatever other suggestions have been made in the past...

Yes, I do think that.
Ideally, something that doesn't require minerals.
Something that can bring the team at the disadvantage on a slightly more equal footing, to keep the game more interesting during the match.
I spent some time on the issue, but couldn't really think of any well working idea.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:38 pm 
CCI
??

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:53 pm 
CCI
So i have been playing on the Korean servers for a while, and its becoming obvious....Lasers are really overpowered

I just had a 4v1 and the Koreans (OP they are) they did a surprisingly well coordinated attack with kinetics, missiles and corvettes...and they horribly got murdered by my broadsides and lasers (level 2). For such a well coordinated assault to be taken down by the simplest of mechanics really depresses me, not to mention the amount of money they threw at that attack compared to what i was doing. I knew they were coming, so i raise shields to 400, already had drones on weapons, and just spammed broadsides, and that was it, while they were firing missiles, kinetics, corvette positioning behind the shields and dashing forward to soak damage with the corvette shield and dashing behind, really crazy stuff though....but i won anyways.

Its kind of interesting with the korean community, theres now starting to be an established community with it, and its not influenced (alot) by our community and more importantly our tactics. What they are doing feels completely fresh and new, not exactly the perfect way to win...but thats kind of my point, you cant win without lasers... D= (or even with broadside support, you still need triple-penta to really put in damage)

It also does not help that lasers dont have a specific counter to them. Kinetics you simply raise shields and they do less damage overall, while lasers they still do the same amount of damage, but just to shields, theres to much energy in the weapons cap that only spot on defenses keep you alive (even when you have full shield upgrades, you still end up running if your opponent has level 8 or higher, and thats hard to avoid because lasers are fast and have decent range)

Its like lasers are the only tactic you can use to really win, anything else is frowned upon, or supports lasers in their damage, even then you avoid getting stuff like missiles or destroyers/corvettes in favor of more laser upgrades because they are so cost-effective and cost-efficient.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:18 am 
CCA
I find destroyers to be much more cost-effective as far as damage to BC when compared to lasers.. and Dread, during that game, did they have someone competent on power?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:58 pm 
CCI
Destroyers do 100 dps a second (500 every 5 seconds), they do a good job supporting with burst + leech/chroniton, but investing in a destroyer takes red away from getting more laser upgrades (you want to get to 200 dps, or 1000 damage every 5 seconds, for a cost of 510 :r: (thats half of all the laser upgrades, which is 1075 :r: ))

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:00 pm 
CCA
Dreadnought wrote:
Destroyers do 100 dps a second (500 every 5 seconds), they do a good job supporting with burst + leech/chroniton, but investing in a destroyer takes red away from getting more laser upgrades (you want to get to 200 dps, or 1000 damage every 5 seconds, for a cost of 510 :r: (thats half of all the laser upgrades, which is 1075 :r: ))

The burst makes it deadly - and upgraded, as 500 isn't that much, but 2000 is (and takes a LOT less resources than lasers)

compare the amount of energy needed to be put into shields to hold vs destroyer shots as opposed to lasers, and you will find that the "burst" damage makes it much more deadly

then consider that the energy is basically free for destroyers, so you have a lot more on the BC for shields

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:39 pm 
CCI
slapshot wrote:
The burst makes it deadly - and upgraded, as 500 isn't that much, but 2000 is (and takes a LOT less resources than lasers)

compare the amount of energy needed to be put into shields to hold vs destroyer shots as opposed to lasers, and you will find that the "burst" damage makes it much more deadly

then consider that the energy is basically free for destroyers, so you have a lot more on the BC for shields

erm...its 1000 damage burst every volley. You also have to keep in mind that destroyer shots are very slow, and destroyer turning rates and avoiding enemy ships can reduce the amount of times you can get a volley off, let alone that volley hitting (thrown off by ships, fast BCs, corvette shields, ect...) Lasers, click at a point, it fires fast and has mid-range capabilities, and it can be used by a drone.

Also destroyers require 75 green O.o these days green is quite tightly controlled and needed for those ever so important shield and tier upgrades. If your investing in to a destroyer, it takes away from shield upgrades and laser upgrades and will ultimately loose you the game (in a perfect world where each side has the same econ rates, but in our less then perfect world, teams that field destroyers are generally very far ahead, or its very late game once all the shield and laser upgrades are finished, and its one method to spend that money)

Energy....battlecruisers tend to die before energy+weapons cap runs out more often then not.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:11 pm 
CCA
Dreadnought wrote:
Energy....battlecruisers tend to die before energy+weapons cap runs out more often then not.

This is due to noobishness/not scouting/being unprepared/etc. - you should not balance the game based off of what occurs in shenanigans

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next