Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Battlecruiser Power Console: Engines
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:38 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 22
A problem with engines for the battlecruiser is that 1) they take forever to power up to get your battlecruiser to an acceptable speed and 2) if you are not using the power given to engines from the power console, all that power is wasted.

I propose that when you are not using the power given to engines then only 25% will be drained from the core instead of the full 100%
for example: if 100 is in engines, and you are at a complete stop, only 25 power will drain. If 100 is in engines, and you are going at only half speed then 50(engines in full use) + (50*25%=)12.5 (engines not in use) would mean only 62.5 is being drained.

Because right now, there is no reason to have the thruster bar below 100% otherwise your wasting energy. Even if you are at a complete stop with 0 power to engines, you want to keep the thruster bar maxed so that if you need to move, the power guy can immediately start moving the battlecruiser when he is putting power into the engines.
*Its like 2 people controlling a car, one person is controlling the break/gas pedals, and the other guy is controlling the wheel* its just very weird and not precise even with voice-coms its not perfect.

This way we can allow people to stop, and start again quickly without punishing them to hard, while keeping a level of fairness so players cant sit around with 1000 energy in their engines and go flying off at a moments notice.

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.

Post subject: Re: Battlecruiser Power Console: Engines
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:00 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
I would suggest also implementing this for shields and weapons - have it only cost 25% energy if they are already maxed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:04 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 22
slapshot wrote:
I would suggest also implementing this for shields and weapons - have it only cost 25% energy if they are already maxed

In the context of the new shield algorithms, i agree.

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:57 am 
CCI
Well we're at it, lets combine weapons onto nav too, because its hard to coordinate having two separate positions for those?

I think changing this is a terrible idea. What CC needs is more places for people to make decisions, not less. You need to have places where you can make bad decisions in a strategy game, or else the game loses its dynamicness.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:02 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
bbot wrote:
What CC needs is more places for people to make decisions, not less. You need to have places where you can make bad decisions in a strategy game, or else the game loses its dynamicness.

It still punishes you by wasting 25% (and this number can be changed), but at the same time makes some sense (why would engines drain full power at idle? same with shields and weapons cap)