Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nerf Debris
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:33 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 22
Its to much RNG for 1 debris to completely block off important parts of the ship, most notably power.

reduce size by 25% reduce health by 50 and fire will destroy debris.

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.

Post subject: Re: Nerf Debris
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:43 pm 
CCI
Ok dont nerf the health, i just relized that guns do 50% damage, so its at a pace i really like =D

NERF THE SIZE STILL!!!

Fun other stuff, what about fire destroying debris? but thats more fuel for the fire, so fire can spread even more!?!? =D

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:46 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
Or we could just make debris % chance be related to hull health.. just like how the shield bleed-through currently is - I wouldn't nerf it any more..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:34 am 
CCI
slapshot wrote:
Or we could just make debris % chance be related to hull health.. just like how the shield bleed-through currently is - I wouldn't nerf it any more..

Dont let the sheilds get below 30% if you dont want debris, and what if people are surviving at 500 health? are they going to get 5 debris per shot that quickly fills up the BC? also that would inadvertently nerf kinetics (single shot especially since it does full 100% bleedthrough at 30% sheilds and stops regeneration) which rely on doing fast damage to the hull and disable the enemy BC before players can properly react.
Not like the kinetics have been nerfed enough by shields already...now hull?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:56 pm 
CCA
Dreadnought wrote:
and what if people are surviving at 500 health? are they going to get 5 debris per shot that quickly fills up the BC?

err.. if they are at 500 health AND they don't have shields, yes - why shouldn't a BC that is at 500/10000 HP have some sort of disadvantage, similar to how if your core stability is at 5% rather than 100%? also, why should the BC at 9500 HP have a debris issue?

and the 30% shield thing is still crap as you can't increase max shields by sending power.. better yet, lets un-do the 30% shields crap and no shield regen in order to un-nerf kinetics (or make kinetics immune to this, and have them make debris anyways or possibly with an upgrade)

Quote:
which rely on doing fast damage to the hull and disable the enemy BC before players can properly react.

you mean like what used to be possible before the "passive shields"? maybe we should just bring back the old shields then if the new ones cause so many issues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:46 pm 
CCI
The new shields are just flat out better, needs tweeking of course, but the quality of the games has greatly increased, both sides can deal damage to eachother and battles tend to last longer, where it isnt as clear which side is winning, before where the first team to hit 0% shields, you were SCREWD! unless you had a serious upgrade advantage, your shield regeneration would be seriously delayed and having to spam the sheild regen and emergency sheilds was so annoying! and when you hit 500 shields into energy...was your max shields 5000? no it was usually at 0, you were just puting power in for shield regeneration.

As for debris, your just over-complicating it, when do debris start apearing? *names number* oh ya and how will new players know that? Its the same with bleedthrough, theres no UI to help show whats going on, but unlike shields, debris UI would just fill up the screen with unnecessary noise.

If your hull is taking damage, then your getting debris, its quite intuitive, and adding these little behind the scenes mechanics is just annoying. Look if your taking 500 hull damage, theres going to be very few debris anyway, the point of reducing debris size is so that 1 wont completely block off important areas, reducing RNG.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:39 pm 
I suspect the debris nerf will inherently nerf the kinetics as well since they rely a lot on disabling battle-cruisers through a large amount of debris blocking access to different sections of the battlecruiser.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:14 pm 
CCA
I am OK with having kinetics/yamato/missiles be exceptions.. but stuff like wraith shots should not be causing tons of debris (more than destroyer shots)