Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post subject: Re: Miscellaneous suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:16 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
I do! Every time I need to use the elevator!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:42 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
Space Debris-
What about whenever you blow up a small ship or do an X amount of damage to the BC it will spawn Space Debris? it could blow in different directions or just stand still, this would make the map more dynamic with debris flying around.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:37 pm 
Yarrr
IvanX wrote:
does anyone even use directions button?

I use it every game. Hit the hangar and sprint, and your going in the right direction going into the elevator and off of it. Its also great for newbies. get's them going in the right direction.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:26 pm 
CCA
Agreed, the fastest ship launch is clicking on Hangar and T for sprint.
And it's good for n00bs as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:10 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 33
Siretu wrote:
I think the battlecruiser should have(possibly needing an upgrade) an automatic turret(that fires in space). So even if there is no captain that can fight back, there will still be something firing at enemies. This turret will fire slow-moving projectiles that are rather easy to dodge.

I think this is a good addition since it'll keep the wraith fighters on their toes and give them more to do.

I'm late to the party, I realize. I am fine with this suggestion, as long as the turret ignores someone with a nullifier, like the internal turrets.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:54 pm 
Yarrr
Wiki edits: 126
zakhennahr wrote:
Siretu wrote:
I think the battlecruiser should have(possibly needing an upgrade) an automatic turret(that fires in space). So even if there is no captain that can fight back, there will still be something firing at enemies. This turret will fire slow-moving projectiles that are rather easy to dodge.

I think this is a good addition since it'll keep the wraith fighters on their toes and give them more to do.

I'm late to the party, I realize. I am fine with this suggestion, as long as the turret ignores someone with a nullifier, like the internal turrets.
In a sense there already exists a method of 'auto attacking' called 'putting a bot on weapons.' :P

Would it really cause a situation where you were 'fighting back,' though? Lets be honest - in the case where you are attacked without warning, you will likely not be moving and they will, meaning your slow firing turrets probably won't be hitting. And even if they do, they probably won't be more powerful than the regular weapons console, meaning that a precharge of shields won't change much. I have to question if it will serve much more of a purpose than to increase the expenditure of shields in stationary BC fights - at most, it may force players to expend some engines while battlecrusier fighting. But, maybe that's enough for you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:16 pm 
CCI
Dust cannon- (that one rifle that no one uses but is a debris only weapon)
make it a range of 4, damage 100 (debris is 200 i think) and rate of 1.2, make it a small splash damage.
And the last thing that i will be going for is that on removal of debris, the gun uses the mass to reinforce the BC and heals the BC 250 health. This i feel is the right way to hull tank with out using % which can get OP when a BC gets to 67,000 health (long story) and uses team coordination to use and could be a counter (gotta balance it right) against kinetics because those things cause so much debris so the enemy has to watch that and switch over to lazers and missiles instead.

And what is that one gun called that every one starts out with? make it free at construction console, its rough when you lose everything when infiltrating the ship and you dont even have a weapon which makes things difficult

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:20 pm 
Yarrr
Red-Rocket wrote:
Dust cannon- (that one rifle that no one uses but is a debris only weapon)
make it a range of 4, damage 100 (debris is 200 i think) and rate of 1.2, make it a small splash damage.
And the last thing that i will be going for is that on removal of debris, the gun uses the mass to reinforce the BC and heals the BC 250 health. This i feel is the right way to hull tank with out using % which can get OP when a BC gets to 67,000 health (long story) and uses team coordination to use and could be a counter (gotta balance it right) against kinetics because those things cause so much debris so the enemy has to watch that and switch over to lazers and missiles instead.

And what is that one gun called that every one starts out with? make it free at construction console, its rough when you lose everything when infiltrating the ship and you dont even have a weapon which makes things difficult

... I don't think there's anything that could possibly justify the possibility of an entire team getting dust cannons and then healing at a rate of 625 health per damn second before even accounting for splash damage. A single person purchasing this upgrade means that you can repair at a rate of 100 by yourself before accounting for splash damage, which I already find to be a stupidly large amount.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:09 pm 
CCI
on removal of debris it heals the BC, not per shot, we can remove the splash damage (dumb idea why did i put that one in) and the heal-rate would be flawed as you would be running around finding debris to clean up and eventually the BC will be destroyed as there is less debris spawned then damage taken including kinetics. and we can always nerf 250 health if it really needs it just like nanites

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:25 pm 
Yarrr
Red-Rocket wrote:
on removal of debris it heals the BC, not per shot, we can remove the splash damage (dumb idea why did i put that one in) and the heal-rate would be flawed as you would be running around finding debris to clean up and eventually the BC will be destroyed as there is less debris spawned then damage taken including kinetics. and we can always nerf 250 health if it really needs it just like nanites

I'm fully aware it's per debris.

If it was per shot, that would be 1250 health per second.

Again, a good question really needs to be asked here;

Why?

The gun's purpose is a secondary method of removing debris that may block you from an important console without having to fetch a repair kit. None of that includes healing, which seems rather counter-intuitive as you're shooting inside your own damn ship. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next