Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Miscellaneous suggestions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:15 pm 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
Some of you might have small suggestions for things that are probably very easy to implement but are such a small change that they don't need a new thread. This is the thread to post all those suggestions.

If you have a small suggestion, no matter how petty, post it here.

I'll start:
I think the battlecruiser should have(possibly needing an upgrade) an automatic turret(that fires in space). So even if there is no captain that can fight back, there will still be something firing at enemies. This turret will fire slow-moving projectiles that are rather easy to dodge.

I think this is a good addition since it'll keep the wraith fighters on their toes and give them more to do.

Post subject: Re: Miscellaneous suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:48 am 
Wiki edits: 0
Maybe an upgradable, faster firing/projectile speed/more damage/etc. Maybe even a whole separate sub-menu for ugprades.

Edit: An easy access menu for AI control(building/loading missiles, transfering energy(with current energy settings shown))?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:26 pm 
Hull upgrades for the ship? late-game 5000 hitpoints becomes like butter; would be good to have some sort of way to reinforce the bc's hull.

yes, i know shield hardening exists, but it's not the same...

then again, maybe hull is not meant to take fire; shields should take all the blows. makes it more strategic, in that raising shields before battle is a must.

in that case, please increase the energy cost of shields, and maybe buff the effect of hardening?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:49 am 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
Hull is not really meant to take damage in my current vision. Keeping the shields online is one of the bigger challenges of the power engineer.

I think hardened shields are pretty good right now. If battle is imminent, I like to get at least one level of it instead of refining or other upgrades just so I get access to the shield boost ability. I will open a new balance discussion forum though

Post subject: New Ship: Marine Assault Transport
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:15 pm 
Hi, great game.

Develop a new ship: Marine Assault Transport.

Each loaded with a few computer controlled marines and 1 spot for a human player to pilot and board an enemy BC (or... possibly even the mid-heavy class ships like corvette, destroyer, chomper). What you could then do is add some computer marines in ships to repel enemy boarders. For BC, they can harass or kill crew to prevent access to certain sections of the ship. Against the corvette, destroyer, chomper possibly capture or destroy it.

Regards,

MOJO

Post subject: Team vote kick, Console Indicators, Weapons console and Weapons update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 pm 
Hi,

1) Team Vote Kick - so people can boot out the trolls who stick around to keep draining energy from critical systems.

2) Console Indicators - for power management, an indicator of how much power is currently diverted to each critical system. ie. 0 power for weapons, 10 for engines, 90 for shields, etc.

3) Weapons Console and Weapons Update
It is pretty bland screen for weapons, maybe move the missile dashboard to a right side vertical panel? More information about current laser damage.

To spice it up a bit, maybe give the gunner the option:
a) semi or burst fire?
b) Different basic weapon to switch between.

I've never seen the tractor beam in action, but maybe link it to weapons console?

Playing into my suggestion for a Marine Assault Transport (http://sc2cc.forumotion.com/t10-miscellaneous-suggestions#112), also control over a basic internal security system ie hallway autoturrets. That way, the weapons operator will have to divide time between internal and external threats.

Regards,

MOJO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 am 
About 3, it is being/going to be worked on, there will be different kinds of weapons.
2, Yeah, a drop-down tab in the upper right part of the screen (WC3 style), with different information, or multiple drop-down tabs for different things, like weapons, missiles, damage control, energy core, and 1 with overall status of core(%),shield hp, hull hp, number of loaded missiles, maybe small squares that indicate where the ship is damaged(like in WC3), that would be great.

Post subject: Tutorial in description
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:17 pm 
I suggest adding something in your description recommending that new players play the tutorial. I joined an actual version of the game as a completely new player and had to have much of the game mechanics explained to me because I didn't realize that there was a tutorial. If players see something about a tutorial when they read the description, maybe they will be more likely to do the tutorial first!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:10 pm 
:D, That is why people should read item descriptions, patch notes, skill/spell descriptions, random tips(in-game messages spawning every now and then), and what not. Unfortunetly, i doubt even 1/10 of the people read things like that.(as seen in warcraft, maybe in SC2 too??, upgrading to anti-air when the enemy has only ground units).

Post subject: Providing weapons for Nav
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 am 
We need to give broadsides back to Nav! We need some kind of weapon to use other than the yamato cannon, because usually it is late game when nav gets to use it, if at all during the game... I think that Nav should start out with a weaker weapon like forward turrets or something. Something Nav could use while driving that can be accessed early game. That's just my thoughts on the matter. Keep up the great work! =]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next