Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Subjugator revamp
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:53 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
Sharp wrote:
Observer Mode

How exactly would that help? minimap is more than enough, and unless there is another ship there, all they will see is a red dot (which is the exact same info as what is gained from the mini map: enemy exists at position X,Y) - science/weapons from the BC already have unlocked cameras, and they are really the only ones who could benefit (mostly weapons), since they have the range to make use of the unlocked camera - destroyer can aim at the minimap just fine, and again, it wouldn't be the subjugator - how would it help the subjugator in any way? allow them to relay.. something to the team? when the captain (person on sci/weapons) is already in a better position to do such a thing?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:31 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 22
slapshot wrote:
Sharp wrote:
Observer Mode

How exactly would that help? minimap is more than enough, and unless there is another ship there, all they will see is a red dot (which is the exact same info as what is gained from the mini map: enemy exists at position X,Y) - science/weapons from the BC already have unlocked cameras, and they are really the only ones who could benefit (mostly weapons), since they have the range to make use of the unlocked camera - destroyer can aim at the minimap just fine, and again, it wouldn't be the subjugator - how would it help the subjugator in any way? allow them to relay.. something to the team? when the captain (person on sci/weapons) is already in a better position to do such a thing?

Because the subjugator likes breaking the normal laws of cruiser command, and i think its a good idea, if the subjugator is going to do any long range stuff, then this abililty would be amazing for it. And the subjugator can be more of an "on the field" commander

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:18 pm 
CCA
Dreadnought wrote:
if the subjugator is going to do any long range stuff, then this abililty would be amazing for it.

id rather see the long range stuff first.. remember the automatons? that got it's range NERFED, making subjugator more of a close-range ship

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:47 pm 
CCI
slapshot wrote:
How exactly would that help? minimap is more than enough, and unless there is another ship there, all they will see is a red dot (which is the exact same info as what is gained from the mini map: enemy exists at position X,Y)

It gives us more detailed information than the minimap, then we could guess easier what kinds of ships the red dot on radar is and what its plan is, because we could know its speed, turning rate, exact direction and movement by seeing directly. Of course we could guess that only with the minimap, but it doesn't show us detailed information. So if we want to know whether the red dot change slightly its direction with the minimap, we need more time to check its change, since the minimap doesn't reflect immediately its slight change of direction. I don't think the main screen is just for beatiful graphics.

slapshot wrote:
- science/weapons from the BC already have unlocked cameras, and they are really the only ones who could benefit (mostly weapons), since they have the range to make use of the unlocked camera - destroyer can aim at the minimap just fine, and again, it wouldn't be the subjugator - how would it help the subjugator in any way? allow them to relay.. something to the team? when the captain (person on sci/weapons) is already in a better position to do such a thing?

Yeah, BC has unlocked cameras, and they are really useful. So, is the unlocked camera always activated whenever small ships need it? I would say no, it's lucky if someone is already on the sci/weapons console(unlucky case is anyone on the BC), but usually cpt(or others on BC) isn't on that console, so if someone(include the current subjugator) need the unlocked camera, cpt should move to the console and wait for switching camera from BC to space and move the camera where they want to look and give information to them who need it by chatting or speaking. However if the subjugator had that ability, it could get information more immediately, since its camera is always in space, not inside of BC, in addition this subjugator doesn't need to ask someone on BC to use the unlocked camera. And the subjugator is "support ship", so usually, it might not go around alone in danger place but nearby ally ships, and I suppose that this situation and role make the subjugator's pilot better to focus on other small ships than BC's unlocked camera. This difference is just a few seconds, and it might not be specific difference, but someone could survive from death by a close call although it gives just information quickly, not something visible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:32 pm 
CCA
Sharp wrote:
This difference is just a few seconds, and it might not be specific difference, but someone could survive from death by a close call although it gives just information quickly, not something visible.

but when would a small ship need it? and how exactly do you plan on having the subjugator "see" what kind of ship it is if it doesn't have vision - all that would show up is a red exclamation mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:05 pm 
CCI
slapshot wrote:
Sharp wrote:
This difference is just a few seconds, and it might not be specific difference, but someone could survive from death by a close call although it gives just information quickly, not something visible.

but when would a small ship need it? and how exactly do you plan on having the subjugator "see" what kind of ship it is if it doesn't have vision - all that would show up is a red exclamation mark

Ok, i like the unlocked camera for subjugators, they can be even more of the "commanding" role that they have, also even though its just a red-exclamation point, its much easier to see excactly where it is (not to mention its hard to see the red dot on the minimap), and it allows for some long range abilities.
I know this was mentioned that subjugator could be close and personal but i disagree, it can be long range support or up close and personal depending on the abilities and upgrades you go for as the subjugator should be the most varied ship in the game (because its T3 and the design idea is that its ship support, so it needs a wide range of abilities)

I also kind of want the subjugator to be able to have the upgrades from the upgrade console, so that i can get off the battlecruiser every now and then xD and still "Captain" because my camera is unlocked ;)

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:06 pm 
CCA
Dreadnought wrote:
and it allows for some long range abilities.
I know this was mentioned that subjugator could be close and personal but i disagree, it can be long range support or up close and personal depending on the abilities and upgrades you go for as the subjugator should be the most varied ship in the game (because its T3 and the design idea is that its ship support, so it needs a wide range of abilities)

your relying on speculation - outside of the radar, the subjugator has no long-range abilities, and this one wouldn't be helpful by itself - propose it together with some OTHER long range abilities, as opposed to pure speculation, and then it might make more sense

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 pm 
CCI
slapshot wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:
and it allows for some long range abilities.

your relying on speculation - outside of the radar, the subjugator has no long-range abilities, and this one wouldn't be helpful by itself - propose it together with some OTHER long range abilities, as opposed to pure speculation, and then it might make more sense

We can always limit the camera movement to inside the radar range

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:44 am 
CCI
Quote:
I also kind of want the subjugator to be able to have the upgrades from the upgrade console, so that i can get off the battlecruiser every now and then xD and still "Captain" because my camera is unlocked ;)

Holy crap, I love this idea. Captaining is so sterile after a hundred rounds of it or so, this could make it kind of fun again!

Can subj's fire missiles?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:23 pm 
CCI
The subjugator right now has a max of 3000 energy. Even though it has the highest regeneration in the game (like 23+ with all upgrades) it still takes a while for a subjugator to get to max, its also the only ship in the late game that has to seriously watch its energy, if it gets low the subjugator can barely do anything. Thats ok, and i want the subjugator to pick and choose abilities it deploys, not just spam everything, thats less fun. Right now it takes forever to get to 3000 energy where a subjugator can be truly effective and terrifying for a while, but with addition/tweaking of more abilities, it will find itself without energy more and more.

I propose a simple energy regen.
Fission reactors - Toggle ability: triples your energy regeneration, but forces your ship to not move or use any other abilities. Also all incoming damage is increased by 25%.

This will help reduce "Dead" time where you are not doing anything, similar to the early game with wraiths and corvettes sitting around a BC waiting for energy to build up. For subjugators its much longer (even with plasma and full energy upgrades). And with the introduction of more abilities the subjugator is going to have to spend time doing nothing, filling up its energy. This solution cuts down that time, but gives a con by making subjugators more vulnerable while in the regen state