Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.


It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


 Post subject: Re: Destroyer revamp
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:08 pm 
User avatar
CCI
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:56 am
Posts: 271
Wiki edits: 22
Offline
Inferno Bulkheads - 75 :b: 50 :r: 5 :g:
Instantly brings you to full speed + 25% speed (much like turbo but heres the real difference) and creates a cool flame in front and to the sides of the destroyer, as if it where piercing through water. Lasts 15 seconds, you can not turn, lower speed, or activate any abilities. Any ship that comes in contact with you will take x20 ramming damage (they will be in a hurry to get out of the way because they see a HUGE flaming Dessy coming at them, so its unlikely that you will hit them more then a few times, except other destroyers, chompers and the battlecruiser).
This also prevents any real running away, as many ships can keep up with a 25% boost, and it makes it easier for them! as they can shoot without you being able to dodge, because they know where you are going.
This idea made me laugh so i thought i would post it :twisted:

_________________
You merely adopted Cruiser Command. I was born in it, molded by it.

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Destroyer revamp
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:29 pm 
User avatar
CCA
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 363
Wiki edits: 0
Offline
WhyteDragon wrote:
People already did this even without the boost -- it was just a matter of doing it correctly. You're mistakenly treating an inferior opportunity as negligible, a point of which is a matter of opinion, unless being relatively assured.

What you're saying is roughly equivalent to proposing that miners be given chain saws because they don't have enough killing power to defend themselves. Yeah, it sounds cool and looks neat but you're missing the entire point.


it's being done so rarely (in a serious match, not one where the game is won and a team is screwing around), that it is basically negligible, especially if you limit it to successful runs - miners don't need chain saws because they get more kills than destroyers far away from the BC via their mining laser - rather maybe the mineral dump could be altered as it's so rarely used if you really want something for the miner..

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Destroyer revamp
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:39 pm 
User avatar
Yarrr
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:33 am
Posts: 494
Wiki edits: 126
Offline
slapshot wrote:
it's being done so rarely (in a serious match, not one where the game is won and a team is screwing around) that it is basically negligible, especially if you limit it to successful runs
I disagree. Take a subjugator and a destroyer out. They're chasing? Fine, subjugator has a shield and turrets to dissuade fire. If there's any reason to call it rare at all, it's because it's so rare for cruiser command to be made of 'close cut matches.' I see no fault in the actual strategy itself.

And before you get off saying how that requires the support of another ship, it's a godamn battlecruiser you're harassing.
slapshot wrote:
miners don't need chain saws because they get more kills than destroyers far away from the BC via their mining laser - rather maybe the mineral dump could be altered as it's so rarely used if you really want something for the miner..

And destroyers don't need turbo boost because they win games. No need to chase a small ship when a single salvo instantly kills it!

Look, all your argument comes down to is frankly you screaming 'uh huh' at me and then me screaming 'nuh uh' back. If we're gonna give the destroyer turbo boost, you may as well suggest giving it the corvette's mines and the wraith's EMP.

Why?

"More opportunities." Frankly may as well give it to the wraith and minelayer as well.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Destroyer revamp
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:28 pm 
User avatar
CCA
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 363
Wiki edits: 0
Offline
OK, lets drop the warp for now - how about removing the cool-down from the quantum bombardment and increasing the energy cost to 250?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Destroyer revamp
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:02 am 
User avatar
Yarrr
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:33 am
Posts: 494
Wiki edits: 126
Offline
The numbers were mostly speculation to begin with, so that seems fine. I do think a minimal cooldown would be nice to avoid 'double tap bullshit' still -- I.E. 0.5 seconds.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Destroyer revamp
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:23 am 
User avatar
CCI
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:56 am
Posts: 271
Wiki edits: 22
Offline
Cant we just start with my augmentations? ;)

_________________
You merely adopted Cruiser Command. I was born in it, molded by it.

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Destroyer revamp
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:11 am 
User avatar
CCI
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:27 am
Posts: 36
Location: Republic of Korea
Offline
Dreadnought wrote:
Also fun other ideas ~~ You can target which direction you want your next quantum bombardment to go *like a wraith's EMP*
Your next projectiles are cloaked :lol: The qauntum bombardement fires all at once *instead of 5 projectiles fired in rapid succession, it will fire them all at once*. When fired, the next quantum bombardment will have a CD of 2 seconds down from 5 seconds....lots of fun stuff you can do xD instead of having boring damage upgrades, we can can increase a destroyers effectivness overall by the amount of buffs it can do...we can even rip off Leech and chroniton and apply them in a similar fashion ;)


cloaked projectile.. sounds like more close to real torpedo.(I like torpedo personally in many games ;) )


Siretu wrote:
Sharp wrote:
Light tractor beam
Smilar to BC's tractor beam, but longer, faster and weaker than BC's. and it can be used to ally and enemy small ships.


What about the opposite? It pulls itself towards the target. Maybe that doesn't really fit the role though...

What about a simpler version where you just target a unit (including asteroids) and it pulls you toward it. It will give the destroyer its own mobility ability that is unique and could work pretty well to escape or get closer.


It would be very fun if we can move like Spiderman in asteroid field, but as you said it doesn't really fit the destroyer. Maybe it's for other small ship that have concept of good mobility. Both pulling the target and itself towards the target have same meaning about distance(they close to each other anyway), but I don't want to give the destroyer mobility so I suggested tractor beam.

+ I think it would be better if the tractor beam has time limit like..
Light tractor beam : when you hit the target, you can pull or push them during 8 seconds.
Though it uses energy but able to pull or push infinitely seems too powerful.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Destroyer revamp
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:14 pm 
User avatar
CCI
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:56 am
Posts: 271
Wiki edits: 22
Offline
This sounds like a Destroyer thing to do because its designed to deal with battlecruisers....and its akin to what FTL does

Destroyer launches a small, slow projectile at the enemy BC, if it hits a ship it will do 25 damage, if it hits the battlecruiser it will create some debris in an area, and spawn a combat drone.
Combat drone will target nearest player and attack it. It has 150 health, range 5, move speed 2, (half of marines) and deals 1 damage, rate of fire 1.2. A player will easily win in a 1v1 situation against a combat drone, but thats not the point, whenever a player takes gunfire while on a console it knocks that player off, that player will have to take time DPSing down the combat drone (it will help if the player is near turrets, since combat drones ignore those, and you can kite it through them)
Its a disabling ability. Though less effective against power guys because of the 4 turrets ;D

_________________
You merely adopted Cruiser Command. I was born in it, molded by it.

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Destroyer revamp
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:00 am 
User avatar
CCA
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 363
Wiki edits: 0
Offline
Dreadnought wrote:
This sounds like a Destroyer thing to do because its designed to deal with battlecruisers....and its akin to what FTL does

Destroyer launches a small, slow projectile at the enemy BC, if it hits a ship it will do 25 damage, if it hits the battlecruiser it will create some debris in an area, and spawn a combat drone.
Combat drone will target nearest player and attack it. It has 150 health, range 5, move speed 2, (half of marines) and deals 1 damage, rate of fire 1.2. A player will easily win in a 1v1 situation against a combat drone, but thats not the point, whenever a player takes gunfire while on a console it knocks that player off, that player will have to take time DPSing down the combat drone (it will help if the player is near turrets, since combat drones ignore those, and you can kite it through them)
Its a disabling ability. Though less effective against power guys because of the 4 turrets ;D


I kinda like that idea more for a heavy missile.. it can be something like the "tear drones" from star wars, where they just damage the BC even as opposed to trying to kill players (or have both, whichever)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Destroyer revamp
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:01 pm 
User avatar
CCI
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:56 am
Posts: 271
Wiki edits: 22
Offline
slapshot wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:
This sounds like a Destroyer thing to do because its designed to deal with battlecruisers....and its akin to what FTL does

Destroyer launches a small, slow projectile at the enemy BC, if it hits a ship it will do 25 damage, if it hits the battlecruiser it will create some debris in an area, and spawn a combat drone.
Combat drone will target nearest player and attack it. It has 150 health, range 5, move speed 2, (half of marines) and deals 1 damage, rate of fire 1.2. A player will easily win in a 1v1 situation against a combat drone, but thats not the point, whenever a player takes gunfire while on a console it knocks that player off, that player will have to take time DPSing down the combat drone (it will help if the player is near turrets, since combat drones ignore those, and you can kite it through them)
Its a disabling ability. Though less effective against power guys because of the 4 turrets ;D


I kinda like that idea more for a heavy missile.. it can be something like the "tear drones" from star wars, where they just damage the BC even as opposed to trying to kill players (or have both, whichever)


Well you have to limit the amount of drones in some way (so spammy without adding limits to that missile in construction), and makes a destroyer able to deal with a BC more directly, and benefits even more if multiple destroyers use this ability.

btw, that sounds like a completely new idea, a missile when it hits the enemy BC it will plant a c-4 charge inside the BC, where the main amount of damage/annoyance comes from the missile, as you can plant MANY and have someone constantly sweeping the BC to counter it.

_________________
You merely adopted Cruiser Command. I was born in it, molded by it.

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group