Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Localization?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:29 pm 
Wiki edits: 0
Is the map able to be localized?

Post subject: Re: Localization?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:36 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 33
In what sense? Are you looking for Cruiser Command to be in different languages for different regions? From what I see, it is currently in all-English. Localization would work rather poorly for Europe, which has multiple languages spoken among its states. It may work better for the Korea server, but I don't think any of the players know any Korean players.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:01 pm 
zakhennahr wrote:
In what sense? Are you looking for Cruiser Command to be in different languages for different regions? From what I see, it is currently in all-English. Localization would work rather poorly for Europe, which has multiple languages spoken among its states. It may work better for the Korea server, but I don't think any of the players know any Korean players.

Im a chinese and i know a bunch of players who long for the chinese version of cc,in fact we have played the war3 version for 3 years or more

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 pm 
Yarrr
Wiki edits: 126
I don't think Siretu would hate the idea knowing there's a playerbase desiring it, but I also doubt he has the skills to make fluent translations. He'd have to get someone to help him with that.

... hint hint. If you wanted, I could get you a complete list of all of the text that would normally appear in the game. For the most part it'll be a matter of retrieving a lot of my former Wikipedia edits is all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:13 am 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
I can actually extract text files with ALL text in the game. I even made a script that can merge newer versions of the game text with older translated versions. I sent all this to Ethern a long time ago, I'm just not sure why he hasn't used it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:00 am 
Siretu wrote:
I can actually extract text files with ALL text in the game. I even made a script that can merge newer versions of the game text with older translated versions. I sent all this to Ethern a long time ago, I'm just not sure why he hasn't used it yet.

indeed im Ethern who contacted you that time...
years ago i contacted you for localization,project was half done when i was forced to prepare for NJCEE(national joint college entrance examination),which cost me a year without internet connection.Thats why i havent contact you for a year,till several weeks age when i finished that damn thing.Now im free,i hope(indeed,long for) that i can finish what i owed you for a year.
Thx!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:55 am 
Creator
I know all this :P

But my point is that you should start with what I sent you and then when you're done with that, we can go on to more previous versions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:42 am 
Siretu wrote:
I know all this :P

But my point is that you should start with what I sent you and then when you're done with that, we can go on to more previous versions.

so we are required to finish the very previous version to acquire the latest one?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:39 pm 
Creator
Well, you got to start somewhere and as I explained thoroughly in the email I sent you, you wont have to do it all over again since you'll basically be able to merge the text with my python script so you only have to translate the new text.

The reason for this is that I want you to experiment with what you have first so I can be sure everything works properly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:18 pm 
Siretu wrote:
Well, you got to start somewhere and as I explained thoroughly in the email I sent you, you wont have to do it all over again since you'll basically be able to merge the text with my python script so you only have to translate the new text.

The reason for this is that I want you to experiment with what you have first so I can be sure everything works properly.

Translation done,some questions
1,email address?
2,if some strings are changed in updating,will your python script be able to recognize change in original text and notice us that we should make some fix?