Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Why I hate captaining
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:46 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
1. people who agree to do something in the 120 seconds prior to start, and then don't do it - they say they will mine, then they launch a wraith, causing someone else to be looking for a miner/asking me what to do

2. people who don't get off the BC and want to "check things out" and ask "why isn't the BC moving" within the first minute of the game

3. people who cry that the core stability isn't at 100%, it's at 99.3% and that they need to cut the throttle to save power to bring it back up

4. people who buy random ships (especially infiltrator), and then proceed to fail at using them - and also if they ask before the game starts "can I infiltrate" - and then proceed to attempt to do so regardless of the answer

5. people who buy chompers because they like them, even when there are no fields nearby, and proceed to launch them and then drift in space until an enemy wraith puts them out of their misery. Or take the chompers that were meant for a power dock - same idea. These people are also annoying when they ask "can I chomp" before anyone even has a chance to glance at the fields.

6. people who don't know how to "go to kerm", especially those who decide to cut the BC throttle to 0

7. shields - I still dislike the fact that you effectively can't "charge" up shields anymore

8. people who launch destroyers on the wrong side, and then proceed to get annihilated before they can even dock again

9. wraith pilots that decide they are "bad at wraithing" half-way through the game and then decide to kick the AI off weapons or something and take over that

10. people who buy missiles randomly, especially the ones that then ask "what can I do with them"

11. People who can't steer the BC and want to show off their "jukes", or better yet, their lack of any sense of direction

12. when AI's glitch and you keep trying to fix it (i.e. weapons sits on weapons and stops shooting), only to keep failing at it.

13. When the core purges at 90% - can't we set this to only purge under 50% or something?

14. When I forget to vote kick the person who has been away since the start of the game and accidentally help them increase their rep by doing nothing (Calad...)

15. When the first stray wraith shot causes a debris right over my unlucky marine, even though the BC hull is at 9900/10000

Post subject: Re: Why I hate captaining
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:53 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
1-7 patience is a virtue?
8 happens to the best of us as well mate
9 yell at them and explain "reconstruction"
10-11 patience is indeed a virtue
12 ---> Erik's fault
13 disagree, i prefer it at 90%
14 (Calad)
15 patience is a virtue! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:39 am 
CCI
16) Losing against degra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:40 pm 
CCA
Red-Rocket wrote:
1-7 patience is a virtue?
10-11 patience is indeed a virtue
15 patience is a virtue! :lol:

well.. I guess I will just stick to mining or something to build up my patience then

and @13 - i'm ok with having different preferences, however I would like some setting/choice in the matter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:18 am 
Captaining is also difficult for inexperienced players as the veterans tend to yell at you for mistakes, (like shields at 80 and engines at 25 rather then the standard 0-10-100) or the wrong upgrades like Battlecruiser hull upgrades instead of small ship upgrades. It can be quite difficult.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:21 pm 
CCA
DinoChicken wrote:
Captaining is also difficult for inexperienced players as the veterans tend to yell at you for mistakes, (like shields at 80 and engines at 25 rather then the standard 0-10-100) or the wrong upgrades like Battlecruiser hull upgrades instead of small ship upgrades. It can be quite difficult.

those aren't mistakes, those are intentional - you don't "accidentally" buy multiple BC hull upgrades without intending to do so - it's more akin to salvaging multiple miners at the beginning (currently) and crippling your team - a mistake would be something like pointing the BC, but then having it get un-pointed when exiting nav and right-clicking too soon, or only setting the throttle up to 80% instead of 100%, or shooting off a yamato since you expected it to be a target-able ability (similar to the yamato in the standard game)

what they are, as opposed to mistakes, are actions of a captain that is stubborn and lacks communication skills, aka a crappy captain, in which case mutiny may be the only option.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:28 am 
ZergCC
Quote:
pointing the BC, but then having it get un-pointed when exiting nav and right-clicking too soon, or only setting the throttle up to 80% instead of 100%, or shooting off a yamato since you expected it to be a target-able ability (similar to the yamato in the standard game)

It sounds like you are describing me. So many wasted yamato's. I'm so sorry everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:50 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 22
Captaining is annoying, yet everyone always wants me to do it (by either being known from the other veterans i can captain, or by my reputation points) and have probably captained more then anyone else.

I had to create an alternate account just so i could have some fun with mining/wraithing/corvette and other ships, and just be weapons or navigation on BC (who would let a newb on power (ok about power, its fun i know, but there are very few situations where the fights are even and every little decision counts, otherwise its boring)) I created that account less then a year ago and already it has over 100 reputation =P

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:08 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 97
Quote:
(by either being known from the other veterans i can captain, or by my reputation points) and have probably captained more then anyone else

I couldn't read further. Fell off my chair laughing.

Discord Server
Better replay suggestion
Merwins-island.dyndns.org Unofficial Teamspeak server.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:10 am 
CCI
Dreadnought wrote:
I had to create an alternate account just so i could have some fun with mining/wraithing/corvette and other ships, and just be weapons or navigation on BC

I have the same feeling too, but instead of creating a new account I just play on the Korean server and use the language barrier as an excuse not to captain. If you ever are able to get up bright and early in the morning, I would suggest playing there as the different play style is quite fun. (although I think you have played a bit there because your name has been mentioned in lobby chat)