Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: CC and HoS
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:12 am 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
Unfortunately, no. The HotS models are in a dependency. If I add that dependency, CC will become invisible to WoL players. If I manually extract the models I want and add them myself, Cruiser Command can be banned.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:37 pm 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 0
It's pretty simple, if you add any of the hots files to the map in the editor (which is required to use anything inside of them in the map) then that map gets flagged as a hots only map, and only people with hots can join the lobby after that. This only applies to ART assets. Everything else they added new with hots was made as changes to the base game engine, and already included into the editor for both hots and wol players.

I'm looking forward to when we all have the expo and the ship interior can be re-modeled with assets from the first hots level, the science lab. I think it will really add to the realism, but I also know it will be a lot of work so I'm not holding my breath for it any time soon..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:31 pm 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 6
I'm just putting this cause of my experience, but... doesn't anyone who has a patched Version of SC2 have the HOTS dependency files and stuff? wouldn't they still e able to play on arcade? cause i didn't download anything to play HOTS, the expansion was in the patching, I payed to have access to the units i'm multiplayer and the campaign... not too sure if WoL players cant play an arcade made with HOTS files.

(I will admit, i don't know how blizzard operates rights when comes to arcade content, so in general, im just asking in case some people might be mistaken)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:58 pm 
ZergCC
Yes you have the hots files even if you don't have hots, but no you can't use them. Like siretu said, any map that 'uses' any hots asset is 'flagged' as a hots only map and will disappear for WoL only players.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:04 pm 
ZergCC
then why is there a "starter eddition" option in the arcade but not a WOL option?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm 
ZergCC
menu -> options -> gameplay i do believe, you can switch between hots / wol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:38 pm 
ZergCC
i said in arcade... which would suggest a WOL party can play HOTS content arcade games

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:46 pm 
ZergCC
nope, if you have a wol in your party then the games that require hots in the Open Game List turn grey, they also disappear from the spotlight/top ranked I think.

I don't know why they don't have a WoL/Hots filter like they have a Starter edition filter, you would have to ask blizzard.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 pm 
ZergCC
Again, I am curious if these are just assumptions of if people actually have/seen proof, or just fallen prey to assumptions and rumors :p

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm 
ZergCC
not assumptions, personal experience, research, and blizzard posts. most arcade maps are still wol only as far as i can tell, so the list doesn't look much different from wol / hots. hots ppl just have a few more maps currently. (in the future i expect this to change)