Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Rotten clans
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:45 pm 
Wiki edits: 0
Weyoun wrote:
Well I can't speak for the other clans but I can speak for CCR, first of all. Allot of CCR members are fairly new to the game. I try to recruit low rep players mostly. Secondly, we play to have fun and in pub games don't even try that hard to win. Most of the time we are bs'ing and socializing or watching tv on the side. Also we intentionally handicap ourselves when we are playing vs all low rep players.. now also keep in mind that ONLY THE HOST can balance teams. also NOONE IN THE LOBBY will _ever_ say how much rep that have... the host is just supposed to know how good every single person on b.net is on this game?

I can't count the number of games ccr has won just because the game starts and the 2-3 highest rep people on the other side just leave because we have tags. then of course the other team looses because its only the higher rep players that leave, leaving only 2-3 newbs to fight, this of course inflates our winnings, jacks our rep up higher, and makes us even more 'scary'

we used to split up our team more, but it is not fun to play this game with people who won't listen to you or actively sabotage our own ship. Most of us in ccr at this point, when we are playing together would rather have 3 ccr+3 ai vs 6 whoever joins the game, because the amount of trolls we have run into that just try to ruin the game for us.

Also, its doesn't matter how we split / balance / handicaps teams. Someone always complains. every. damn. game.

so we tend to just ignore the balance whining at this point and just play. also, its doesn't matter if you lose, you still get rep! I really wish this was still in the old days where you only got +1 rep for wining and not +2, maybe their would be less bitching.

it's not really about +2/+1 rep, it's more of a win/loss count, as from what i figured, only that's what counts, rep is just how much u played, and if u still suck with high rep... well u suck :p

You see, when there is a team of 5 300+ reps from same clan with same clan tag, and they gather up people who none of them have heard of, and i am on the other side asking to balance coz those guys are new and 6v1 is not even funny, while they reply to me with saying that "fuck you, that's what we get for being in one clan" - that is what is wrong. If the game started and they were trying to excuse themselves saying that they were afk and didn't do it on purpose - i completely don't mind.

As for not knowing rep, well i'm 150 rep, and i can tell rep of 80% players, that is enough to balance games, i'm pretty sure 300 reps should know better.

There is nothing that can be done to prevent those games from happening, the only thing to solve it is making a drawvote, so then if one team all vote "draw" the game is aborted with no rep /win/loss changes

- It gets wet.