Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Clans...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 pm 
Wiki edits: 0
You know clan is supposed to be something that makes you proud of being in, but from the games being played today, i find it more of an abusive thing... clans are used to group against hordes of first timers, wow, how proudful, that goes for CCR and it doesn't end at it, ppl from all clans rather unite a team of 6 300+ reps against all with 0's, then play it fair, just to boost their stats. That is just disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Had a game just now team1 had 4 CCR members + some 5th guy not from clan but 300 rep, and in my team i had 2 first timers and 3 more guys with rates from 2 to 5, i bet you know how it ended ? in lobby i've been trying to reason them to balance the game, cause that is not even funny, nor interesting. But they just ignored, after start i was "wtf"-ing, and what did i get in reply?

- "Join CCR and you will be on the other side in such games, joining clan side effects are getting pro and games such as this ."

Wow guys, let me clap my hands for you, you're most disgusting community i've ever met so far, good job on that, good luck recruiting more rotten ugly people just like yourselves! And the fact that you all consider yourselves pro... it just makes me laugh

- It gets wet.

Last edited by IvanX on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Rotten clans
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 pm 
LoCC
First and foremost...

By all means, I think your opinion is just as welcome as any other's. However, I'd greatly appreciate refraining from all-out insulting dialogue; it does nothing to solve anything, and greatly detracts from whatever argument you are trying to make.

Now, I'd like to point out that there is some truth in what you say. I've noticed groups of 4-6 becoming much more frequent, and I've started playing with a group of German-fold Degra brough abord. In our party, there are to LoCC members, and another 4 that I'd consider to be 'in training.' Very rarely are all 5 members of LoCC online at one time, and unless we face a group of Pros we tend to split up to keep it interesting. I've seen other clans do the same thing.

On the flip side, there have been times when I've flown with Degra, Capsnip, and picked up a few others outside the clan to work on some high-end strategy. The game has always promoted the formation of parties, and that will remain so as far as I can tell. Actually, that's how I got a full friend's list on SC2...partying up in CC. Mind you, I started doing that when I was around 20 rep...and I died, a lot...and now I'm at 700+ and a leading teacher/adviser/competitive clan member...

My point is that sometimes the odds wont be in your favor. Some of the best memories I have of CC are from waaay back when; party of Insom, roflcopter, JARG, and a few others that would DOMINATE. First time I killed rofl. marked my immediate dedication to CC.

Just sayin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:20 pm 
Well there is a slight difference between gropus such as Degra is making and all 300+ clan member team against public firsttimers. I have double feelings about groups, cause degra actually found those when they just started and trained them, they haven't turned vet just yet, but they're already pretty good.

Whole point is - sometimes it is unclear - reps, so u dont know will it be balanced or not, but this time it was crystal clear that our team had nobody, i tried reasoning for balance... - no use. But most disguting part is that they weren't sorry for making a completely imbalanced match, they were only proud on the fact, that their team is better. I'm not calling names, thus not straightly insulting in public. But i do want them to be ashamed of themselves instead. And to cease such rotten practice.. If u want a good game to play with your clan - make a private one, invite some ppl from channel to make it at least look balanced.

So the troubling matter is not that those games take place, it's that they take place intentionally.

- It gets wet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:59 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
I totally dig your message about team stacking, IvanX, but I am hesitant to agree with blaming people for wanting to play with their friends. And I don't think shaming people will make progress or get anywhere.

And, as an aside, rating people based on their reputation is not a good metric.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
I agree with dumb on all fronts.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:01 am 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
Of course pub stomps are bad, but I very rarely experience them on purpose. Sometimes teams get unstacked but it's mostly because people don't know the rep levels of everyone or that the game starts suddenly because a ton of people join and the game auto-starts.

This is completely different from your experience, I know, but I have to say I've never seen pro players stack the teams on purpose unless there's at least a couple of very experienced guys on the other side.

The closest thing to this I've seen is in-game when a 20-rep guy killed all their miners in a team full with people with less than 10 rep when everyone in our team told him to go easy on them and not kill their miners. His response was "shut up and l2p kids". He was immediately kicked.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:42 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
I make sure all the members in my clan are normal people who don't go out of their way to piss people off

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:49 pm 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 6
does pissing opposing team of via SS harassment count? =o or sniping?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:51 pm 
ZergCC
Well I can't speak for the other clans but I can speak for CCR, first of all. Allot of CCR members are fairly new to the game. I try to recruit low rep players mostly. Secondly, we play to have fun and in pub games don't even try that hard to win. Most of the time we are bs'ing and socializing or watching tv on the side. Also we intentionally handicap ourselves when we are playing vs all low rep players.. now also keep in mind that ONLY THE HOST can balance teams. also NOONE IN THE LOBBY will _ever_ say how much rep that have... the host is just supposed to know how good every single person on b.net is on this game?

I can't count the number of games ccr has won just because the game starts and the 2-3 highest rep people on the other side just leave because we have tags. then of course the other team looses because its only the higher rep players that leave, leaving only 2-3 newbs to fight, this of course inflates our winnings, jacks our rep up higher, and makes us even more 'scary'

we used to split up our team more, but it is not fun to play this game with people who won't listen to you or actively sabotage our own ship. Most of us in ccr at this point, when we are playing together would rather have 3 ccr+3 ai vs 6 whoever joins the game, because the amount of trolls we have run into that just try to ruin the game for us.

Also, its doesn't matter how we split / balance / handicaps teams. Someone always complains. every. damn. game.

so we tend to just ignore the balance whining at this point and just play. also, its doesn't matter if you lose, you still get rep! I really wish this was still in the old days where you only got +1 rep for wining and not +2, maybe their would be less bitching.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:19 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
agreed weyoun,
except most new players dont know about +2 rep for winning or even just the 1+ for just staying.
Although for me personally i dont know why but i get paired up against alot of veterans at once and i have new players to ok players...im cool with that and if anyone isnt doing what im telling i give them a warning, no message no reaction = "hey guys *....* isnt responding to me or doing anything, we gotta kick him" and it works....alot, ya i dont like kicking people but the others on the team dont mind once i tell em what a drone can do, which is considered more usefull.