Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Hangar changes on beta
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:37 pm 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
So I just did some major changes to the hangar inventory and published it on beta. I'd appreciate if you guys tried to break it and see if you can get any unwanted behavior out of it.

Basically, the changes are as follows: There is no longer a deposit beacon. Instead when you open the hangar console, it also shows you your inventory. You can move items between the ship inventory and the unit inventory by clicking them or move all at once by using the deposit/withdraw all buttons.

If you try to withdraw all but you cant fit all in your inventory, it will drop them on the floor.

In the future, I'm thinking of making miners and chompers automatically withdraw the minerals next to the console. What do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: New Hangar changes on beta
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:25 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
Siretu wrote:
In the future, I'm thinking of making miners and chompers automatically withdraw the minerals next to the console. What do you guys think?

Yes, please.
Anything to prevent bloody newbs from wasting 10 minutes of mining by docking/launching with a full inventory.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:40 am 
CCI
Siretu wrote:
So I just did some major changes to the hangar inventory and published it on beta. I'd appreciate if you guys tried to break it and see if you can get any unwanted behavior out of it.

Basically, the changes are as follows: There is no longer a deposit beacon. Instead when you open the hangar console, it also shows you your inventory. You can move items between the ship inventory and the unit inventory by clicking them or move all at once by using the deposit/withdraw all buttons.

If you try to withdraw all but you cant fit all in your inventory, it will drop them on the floor.

I played it, so I think that changed hangar is better than before and can reduce mistakes of new players.

Also, I'm optimistic about your plan. Withdrawing by hand is unnecessary and makes newbies confused.

However, I found some bugs of beta. Do I post it to here or 'Bugs and Glitches' forum?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:23 am 
Creator
In this case, post them here

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:02 am 
CCI
OK, there are some bugs on the beta.

- The messages 'Removing from : (number)' will be displayed for some reason. At least I think that it appears when you handle items.
- Your marine can wear C4, missiles, etc by moving them to armor slot like screenshot. This bug occurs on hangar console or when you pick up items. So you can infiltrate with 7 C4.
- When your marine's inventory is full, and if you click the items of ship inventory, it will just disappear unlike when you click the withdraw button.

Maybe latter part of 'Cruiser Command Beta.SC2Replay' isn't important.

Attachments:
Cruiser Command Beta (2).SC2Replay [69.87 KiB]
Downloaded 124 times
Cruiser Command Beta.SC2Replay [184.61 KiB]
Downloaded 134 times
IamC4.jpg
IamC4.jpg [ 214.2 KiB | Viewed 2550 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:41 am 
Creator
The message is just a debug message. Sometimes I forget to remove them.

I haven't been able to reproduce your second bug. When I try to move an item into the armor slot, it says "Can't move item"

The third bug with the disappearing items is confirmed. I'll fix it asap.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:05 pm 
CCI
Siretu wrote:
I haven't been able to reproduce your second bug. When I try to move an item into the armor slot, it says "Can't move item"

Umm, that bug doesn't appear when you move items directly. I'll give you more detail.

Sequence

1. Purchase some items and pick them up.
2. Move your marine to hangar console. Then window about small ships will be displayed.
3. Select any small ship, and deposit items by clicking each item in your unit inventory.(not deposit button, just click the item directly)
4. So your small ship have some items now.
5. Click the items in your ship inventory so that you can move them from ship inventory to unit inventory.
6. repeat 3 ~ 5 process until you can see the bug.
7. Soon or late, one of the items will disappear from your ship and unit inventory.
8. Leave the console and check your marine's armor slot.

It would be help if you watch 'Cruiser Command Beta.SC2Replay'. You can see the sequence from 5:20 to 5:40

I apologize if my explanation has been short.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:03 pm 
Creator
I tried your explanation but I didn't manage to replicate it, so I looked at your replay and everything became clear.

It turns out what you found wasn't really related to the hangar inventory at all. You just found an old bug related to the frequency nullifier that hasn't been noticeable until these new hangar changes.

Basically, I added some code to make it so you don't auto-equip frequency nullifier (since it drains health when you pick it up). The way I did this is just by detecting when you pick it up and move it to a different slot. However, due to some ambiguity in Blizzard's documentation and stupid naming, there was a bug in how it calculated the next empty slot. Due to this, when you moved the frequency nullifier to your inventory, it calculated the wrong slot to put it in and put it on the shield, thus swapping the shield to the armor slot.

Fortunately, it was a pretty easy fix and it should be solved now. I'll publish a new version with all the bugs you mentioned solved.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:56 am 
CCI
Oh, frequency nullifier! I missed that point. Every time I tested the bug, it was with me. What a coincidence.. :shock: