Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Aliens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:05 am 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
Do they exist?
Is the government covering them up? O.o
then again...
"if governments are involved in covering up the knowledge of aliens, then they are doing a much better job of it than they seem to do at anything else." ~ Stephen Hawking

That or aliens took one look at our race and decided to not contact us for their own sanity

Post subject: Re: Aliens
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:19 pm 
CCI
I was going to go silly on this and try to talk up the existence of demons or something, but then it got me thinking, what is the likely state of the universe involving aliens from what I know about reality...

I think that firstly, to think about the topic correctly you have to believe that life randomly came into existence in a completely scientific and mathematical way. If you can believe this, you can believe it could happen somewhere else in the universe as well. This may as well mean that life *does* exist somewhere else, honestly - I think that its a logical conclusion that in some percentage (however small the percentage) of planets that exist out there, something behaving like life (growing, evolving, and adapting) exist.

Also, I don't think we have existed long enough to send radio signals very far yet. So theoretically even if aliens do in fact exist they may have not even got a chance to hear us yet. Speed of light is slow on a cosmic scale.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
The likelihood that there are more lifeforms in the universe is pretty damn close to 100%.

The likelihood that they would meet us is within our life span is pretty damn close to 0.00%, if they haven't found a way to get around the light speed limit of 300,000 km/s either.

Also, just think about for how long the universe has existed and how long it took humanity to get from a nomadic life to such an advanced state (6000 BC to 1960 AD) that it would only take 30 minutes to destroy our civilization/planet earth (with nukes and other stuff):

So alien life could have even existed within maybe a radius of 100 light years of earth away, but there wouldn't even be ruins or any other traces left if they exterminated themselves something like 100 million years ago.
Or humanity won't witness the evolution of alien life in a couple million or billion years somewhere else.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:31 pm 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm_tN6wHEaI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF4D4k2AVLA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 am 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
Now that is interesting!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:19 am 
What a waste of a universe if aliens didn't exist.