Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wraiths are OP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:55 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 22
Just played a bunch of games in 6v6 with everyone else incredibly skilled, so this was no messing around, and do you know what? wraiths are OP, the corvette change isnt good enough, and to defend miners....you have to defend them with wraiths until the BC gets lasers and upgrades them which can 2-3 shot a wraith =P But wraith is just so OP

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.

Post subject: Re: Wraiths are OP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:30 am 
CCI
I think cloak is a little OP, if an entire team is in wraiths that are cloaked, its incredibly hard to deal with.

Opinion: Firing a weapon should cause decloak, cloaking should have a 1.5 second delay.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:02 pm 
Wiki edits: 0
well i think it has to do with the balancing of the tiered upgrades, now that they are exclusive, the idea is to deny enemy miners mining time is better then slightly boosting your own miners and making them a little bit more survivable. Also, whats the use of a bit of extra mining time when those combat upgrades can directly support engagements For most games, i often see a mix between utility and combat tier 1 and 2, and then always combat tier 3. I miss the mass replicator and miners that can move, simply because the other tiers are just simply better. And you could pick up economy tier if you could afford it without worrying about the long run affects and would make for more interesting wraith v miner engagements overall.

The corvette boost is good, but corvettes need all upgrades and ionic or nanite to even be able to handle dealing with wraiths, a wraith is much easier to upgrade and is much more useful early on, while corvettes run into energy and damage potential problems, because corvettes arent often used against BCs early on, though they are a bit more effective in support in mid-late game engagements.

Also, that wraith EMP upgrade is amazing, deals damage and completely cuts engines, since small ships overall do more damage and die more quickly ever since damage buffs and reconstruction which allows for more risk taking. And tier utility 1 rear boost is incredibly fast, and can do very complex maneuvers that can kill an enemy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:11 pm 
Yarrr
Wiki edits: 126
Whew, well I'm back.

Took a quick peak at everything and, in my opinion, I think a fair chunk of it actually has to do with the relative energy costs. Here's how they play out:
Photon Barrage (20e): x5 15 (75) damage shots. Spread. Low efficiency.
Reflective Shield (150e)
Photon Rush (150e)
Maximum Energy: 1500
Energy Generation: 10/s
Tested Generation at 100% Throttle, No Ups: 18/10 seconds (1.8/s)

Plasma Cannon (5e): x2 10 (20) damage shots. Concentrated. High efficiency.
Side Boost (15e)
EMP (10e)
Energy Generation: 6/s
Tested Generation at 100% Throttle, No Ups: 10/10 seconds (1.0/s)

If you're looking for a way to switch things up a bit, I might suggest looking at the wraith energy costs for a small tweak -- seems vastly easier to maintain energy wise while in an actual combat scenario due to the costs relative to the generation. However, I've been out for a while so that may be presumptuous.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:06 pm 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
Any comments on how this is currently? Corvette's have received several buff since this thread and also I think wraiths got some nerfs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:57 pm 
CCA
Siretu wrote:
Any comments on how this is currently? Corvette's have received several buff since this thread and also I think wraiths got some nerfs.

I think the wraith/corvette balance is currently OK.. although I would personally like to see the corvette slightly slower and with more of a "punch" (damage/HP)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:01 pm 
CCA
Yes, they aren't very corvett-y anymore, but it took a lot of time and changes to get them as balanced as they are now.
If you want to change the corvette into something further in the middle between Wraiths and Destroyers,
then it should be done with a lot of playtesting and only small incremental changes, so you know when to stop lowering speed and raising hp/damage.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:54 pm 
Creator
I'm thinking I should probably lower the corvette speed, double the damage and the amount of projectiles and double the hp. Is that something like what you had in mind?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:55 pm 
CCA
Siretu wrote:
I'm thinking I should probably lower the corvette speed, double the damage and the amount of projectiles and double the hp. Is that something like what you had in mind?

im with degra as far as let's not break the relative balance that we currently have - double the damage/projectiles is way too much.. maybe 20% as far as each (and make the more projectiles and upgrade, not given by default)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:07 pm 
Creator
I was joking :)