Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Boarding needs fixing
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 33
I am getting a bit tired of people repeatedly abusing bugs and balance issues on this map. If an infiltrator infiltrates, when it launches it should have the HP it docked with. No magical repairing. If the person who infiltrated is getting shot, leaving the BC should be disabled for .5 seconds, unless they are magical space marines who ignore incoming impacts. This would make infiltrating to be more like infiltrating instead of "boarding and tanking".

If you die in a ship, all the items you were carrying should also die.

----

End rant.

Post subject: Re: Boarding needs fixing
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:46 pm 
Yarrr
Wiki edits: 126
I have heard Degra's idea for balancing, and I personally like it. Since he hasn't posted it here, I will for him.

All cooldown, health, and such on the marines should be frozen while on small ships. Doing so creates a situation where infiltrators who take damage on the battlecruiser need to return to their own battlecruiser to heal. They can opt to keep re-docking, but they put themselves at extreme risk of losing both their equipment and the infiltrator.

Please take a look at this replay.

Attachments:
Nerf Infiltration.SC2Replay [177.73 KiB]
Downloaded 177 times

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:02 pm 
CCA
I don't think it's intuitive that they would be frozen or disabled while on a SS though. The marine is still physically carrying the items. That's why I made the other suggestions, instead.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:14 pm 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
Infiltration has been nerfed in 2.9 by not having the infiltrator repair automatically on boarding. So if you take 50 damage before reaching the enemy BC, you'll have 50 damage when you launch from the enemy BC again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:38 pm 
CCA
Been a while since I've actively participated on the forums. Thank you for the fix!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:09 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 22
there are 3 types of infiltration that i have noticed

(1) C-4 bombing, usually just bring bare minimum equipment and lay down c-4 in hangar to do maximum damage to econ and hull then getting out fast

(2) full infiltration, this is the hardest as you need to be fully equipped as you go past the turrets Nullifier/nanodic gloves are needed for this. This is maximum disruption where you plant C-4 everywhere and you can spy on the enemy (enemy chat available when you board, i love listening in, good component) and killing people off consoles which can be game ending for enemy team but very difficult to pull off

(3) White Dragon Maneuver (in honor of WhyteDragon who created this technique) usually done after a green feild was spawned and your miners were not able to get any green, you infiltrate and steal green, which is a most sure way to piss the enemy team off.

(2) is problematic because of the sheer amount of turrets on the ship, its impossible to get anywhere without null and nano, even the disguise Armour gets nailed by turrets. This and with added weapons to drones makes full infiltration nearly impossible because there is just so much attacking you. Yes it should be hard but infiltration should be called by enemy team and they can easily 2v1 you and kill you and take your stuff. Also, wheres hacking?

Oh and bug, you can use enemy upgrade console to upgrade your own BC. Which is very unusual but X2 upgrades is interesting, although i would like to hax into their upgrade console so i can upgrade useless stuff for them like minelayer damage and a mass replicator then use that replicator =D

One day a wise man introduced me to this game. "It shall protect your virginity, my lad" he said.

Dont touch me you filthy casual.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:50 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
So.. the infiltrator leaving while under attack needs fixing, I propose the following: the infiltrator takes 50% more damage when attempting to warp out, since they are literally standing still as opposed to running/fighting back/etc. (this is with the current warp-out time of 6 seconds, and DPS of 9/11/6.5 via the basic/rifle/lightning guns, and the 5 hp/sec from nano/nullifier, while at the same time restoring the drone attack-move, and leaving their health the same as a marine, but reducing their attack damage by half (or their attack speed, same thing..)

basically this would give a similar bonus as a grenade/etc. to use vs an escaping infiltrator, without creating an inventory mechanic issue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:17 am 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
This should be easy to implement and I think it's a good solution because it doesn't affect the general onboard combat.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:37 pm 
Wiki edits: 0
I like it, we could implement both Dreadnought's idea and Slapshot's idea, reduce drone health to 50 and give them a 1/s regeneration and give them a weaker gun then the green ones. (though we could always try upgrades, and upgrade their weapons or upgrade/add more turrets)

Another idea I like and what I would want in the game is that when infiltrators board the enemy battlecruiser, they will be placed randomly in the lower section (from the bottom current spawn location to the top in the mystery area)
And an infiltrator will have to return to that point they entered in order to escape (it helps that they have been nerfed from 3 seconds to 6 seconds when escaping, so that enemies can deal more damage so that infiltrators wont immediately re-board the battlecruiser).