Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Disabled Map Edge Wrapping After 1 Hour Game Time
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:49 pm 
Wiki edits: 0
I've been in a few games already since this update of no more map edge wrapping after an hour of game time. I don't like it. It takes away from the tactics and skills of the game.

Post subject: Re: Disabled Map Edge Wrapping After 1 Hour Game Time
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:03 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
Which tactics?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:56 am 
CCA
Fleeing

At this point I do not care much either way.

However, the disabled map warping adds tactics to the game. Navigators still need to know Rabbiting techniques to make it to the 1-Hour mark. Now they will require an additional set of skills.

Regardless, I believe the days of the unending game, are at an end.

Sensor Recovery
+ Missile Knowledge + Infiltrator = Controlled Engagements

Commanders and Pilots are just not yet using the tools available to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:26 am 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
well we could always implement more missiles which will cost the winning team money
Like for instance the long range missiles
and maybe a new missile that will lock down boost and engines for 2 seconds where you can chain them for a total of 12 seconds if done right, which would be difficult to do unless you have the ever winning CC team play.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:22 pm 
Here is why I think it reduces the BC to BC skillset in fighting: if you have more minerals, and you are getting close to the 1 hour mark, all you have to do is wait for map wrapping to be disabled, corner the enemy BC, and blast him to bits. I know, because I did this two games in a row to the opposite team and won. I was talking to a few CC players, and our thought was to move it from 1 hour to 1 hour and 45 minutes instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:29 pm 
Yarrr
Wiki edits: 126
Zeus wrote:
Here is why I think it reduces the BC to BC skillset in fighting: if you have more minerals, and you are getting close to the 1 hour mark, all you have to do is wait for map wrapping to be disabled, corner the enemy BC, and blast him to bits. I know, because I did this two games in a row to the opposite team and won. I was talking to a few CC players, and our thought was to move it from 1 hour to 1 hour and 45 minutes instead.

After that long, why are we bothering to disable it? xD

I have only had one game ever last over an hour and fourty five minutes. Fun note, we were the ones running all game and we won. The main reason why:

Olook 40k hull.
Olook they're hitting us while we're chomping? Lets just boost away now, byebye.
Ezrepairs while looking for next field and while mousing. They'll give up eventually because in the end, they're using more power.

It is so absurdly easy to keep up economy after the one hour period simply because you have pretty much all the upgrades by that point except maybe a few. After an hour and fourty five minutes of chase, you are bound to be able to swoop in and grab one kermiculite roid or two and then instantly BC ups are the same -- all the while, the other team has had to spend far more resources chasing you, buying missiles, and so on, while you simply run away and use free repair kits/minelayers to restore all the damage done provided you are competent enough to run away.

It's just too long. xD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:41 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 33
Zeus, that is actually an increase to the BC to BC skillset: "Are they stopping to wait for wrap disable or still chasing us after a big fight?", "Should we stop and have another unit pretending to be the BC continue chasing until wrap is disabled?". Then at the end, if the running BC has enough power in engines and enough skill, they can juke with the BC *without* having to use map wrap, which is a ridiculously useful skill to have as the Nav.

I honestly am also of the opinion that even 1 hour is too long, since that hour guarantees an additional 30 minutes ending the round, and very few games are not decided before the ~40 minute mark.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:16 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 97
Ive only seen the 1 mark a few times since I'm back and it feels alright to me...

Discord Server
Better replay suggestion
Merwins-island.dyndns.org Unofficial Teamspeak server.