Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Boarding
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:42 pm 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 6
Drones should not be able to see an infiltrator, due to their high rate of fire, and superior than human reflexes

Upon approach to enemy BC, enemy AI can target and snipe you where human players wouldn't notice, and upon launch from enemy BC, if they have triples or penta, its instadeath from a crossfire pinpointing on the Infiltrator

Second, there is no reason for marine to not be able to attack when cloaked... maximum, it should prevent autocast attack, requiring manual targeting, same as enemy for you... so far, the cloak does nothing, I have been destroyed by newbs far too easily for it to block weapon spot, (not sure but probably can see on mini map) so, the complaining of weapon + cloak being too op was a lie by whoever complained :p if it is just suppose to fool enemy, then make marine 100% transparent so it actually works as stealth...

(It doesn't make sense that the cloak has no real effect defensively, balancing out with the removal of weapon ability)

second... you can board with multiple ships... This was discussed as possibly OP but it has happened anyways...

EDIT: Currently, you can load item onto an infiltrator, but it has no inventory... if we never plan to add inventory, then I suggest it is changed how the infiltrator works :p (not to mention, it is pretty stupid to load items onto a infiltrator with how it currently operates) I suggest isomorphic controls for the infiltrator, making it useful only to the person who launches it, until it is re-docked on your own BC... meaning, that it would have to try and get back to BC by itself when you die... or self destruct in case of owners death :p Doesn't make sense that the infiltrator would not have some form of security system to prevent it being stolen :p

Anyone who has played certain scifi games that have had boarding in them (a decent example being metroid prime 3 if you played or seen) the space pirate docking ships could only be operated by the space pirates themselves :p and didn't dock, rather, they pierced the thinnest areas of the hull to unload their cargo

(if anyone has noticed, currentl you can't board when enemy has full hanger, even if ships are flying out and about... broken logic @_@ :p omni is already aware of this :3)

Last edited by Hopeinmo on Fri May 03, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Boarding
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:34 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
Does the phasing skill make bullets pass through you?

Also cloaking seems all right to me. I at least have a lot of trouble right clicking a constantly moving marine, and it allows an infiltrator to hide on the BC for quite a long time oftentimes, if that's what they choose to do. I was thinking it needed another nerf =D

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:43 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
the AI is usefull for that reason, warding off boarders, its why i get the drone (and its incredibly effective against ships)

As for cloak, you can just drop it like a boss and fight them, you most likely will have more gear then them so you should win 1v1, drop kill pick up and run, shouldnt be to hard, call it skill and fun!

The nullifiers make turrets oblivious, i dont think that null should affect them, another more expensive item however should as null seems to cheap to use to negate turrets, which are important.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:39 pm 
ZergCC
Red-Rocket wrote:
the AI is usefull for that reason, warding off boarders, its why i get the drone (and its incredibly effective against ships)

As for cloak, you can just drop it like a boss and fight them, you most likely will have more gear then them so you should win 1v1, drop kill pick up and run, shouldnt be to hard, call it skill and fun!

The nullifier make turrets oblivious, i dont think that null should affect them, another more expensive item however should as null seems to cheap to use to negate turrets, which are important.

I'm just upset with the "nerf cloak!" call cause it was op, when it dont matter when i try, or where, I'm always chased, it is like Trace's cloak in metroid prime hunters, it ain't fooling anyone :o (minus when using alternate non bipedal form, staying absolutely still, in which, your completely invisible)

could make similar to that, when still, invisible, but when your attacking, you become more obviously visible untill you haven't attacked for awhile... I would like a hold fire switch, cause, the auto chase messes up my, stay still and maybe they wont notice, (i cant have a weapon on me or else auto retaliates/chasing)

Also with the current 1time use, unless you have massive boarding party, items are just a waste cause once you get back to BC, all items are gone except shield and weapon spots

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:49 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
I'm pretty sure someone on weapons can spot infiltrators. They're not invisible.

Cloaking + weapons was totally broken, yes. Three things:

• You were seriously unstoppable if you danced between the elevators. Like, you could shoot people, heal up, shoot people, dance through elevators, heal up again, shoot people, repeat forever. One game I soloed 3 people to unconsciousness then ran off and c4'd everything. It's not even a hard thing to do once you figure out you can do this.
  • Everyone wore one because it helped you out in combat. It became kinda a "if everyone's special then no one is", with crappier gameplay because trying to right click 10 times on something you can barely see is not fun, it's frustrating. And it kinda destroyed the concept of a stealthy run, why stealth when you can just shoot everyone you meet and win cause you got off the first shot.
  • There was crap for indication that you were even under attack. While its funny to have newbies walk past you, get shot unconscious, then type in chat "why cant I move", it unnecessarily sucks for newbies.

Stealth is kinda bugged though. You can see people's shadows while they're stealthed, which I think is cool. You can also see their health bars over their head, which is totally not stealthy at all. I hope stealthed people don't show up on the minimap at least, I've never had a chance to check.

Nullifier is powerful. Without it though, boarding is pointless. Having free turrets every 5 feet on the battlecruiser is just excessively annoying to deconstruct, and that's assuming the enemy team is afk, a GOOD enemy team is going to have the crew attacking you as soon as you board the BC. And the drone doesn't even have a weapon yet, it'll be worse when you have to fight the refining drone on top of the turrets. I'm not spending 500 minerals on gear just to shoot turrets for 5 minutes >:O.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:54 am 
ZergCC
DumbMarine wrote:

Well, I haven't had any luck with the cloaking, It is similar to MPH being redundantly easy to spot :p (unless your not paying attention)

Mostly I am not agreeing with a few of the boarding mechanics, one being, if you have cloak, better have null or else its useless, (you can use lightning gun with cloak to get rid of turrets, so... DX

Perhaps there could be pair bonuses made? Like cloak can only fire a lightning gun? (petty dam easy to see whos firing with a tracing gun like that... Mostly, i think cloak should work like normal cloak... perhaps all marines have an EMP ability, or ultrasonic pulse/ fungal growth... something to strip a cloak (but no stun, no energy drain) for...... i dunno..... a decent amount of time, without being too much?

That aside from cloak not operating in proper terms to a proper cloak... the cloak and fire suit should maybe have some other special combat abilitys... say, cloak has a hardened shield, reducing lightning gun effectiveness against a cloaked.. (i haven't been lightnings so....) and the fire suit should maybe have a higher armor, making normal guns less effective than a lightning gun :o

(i dont know about attribute stickies but) If firesuit made armored, and the cloak made light, then guns were possibly modified a lil to make effective against certain types... with bonuses, I think it could add a lil more.... strategy to boarding, than hoping enemies don't pay attention to the moving shadow)

Lastly... a Hold fire button, or the same effect on cloak's targeting as someone targeting a cloak (manual targeting, no auto)

(would be funny, 2 people lightning + cloak, can-not target each other :p)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:48 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
i kinda wanna add something to boarding, when i kill a refining or missile drone can they drop their stuff? it makes stealing resources easier >=D

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:03 pm 
ZergCC
Red-Rocket wrote:
i kinda wanna add something to boarding, when i kill a refining or missile drone can they drop their stuff? it makes stealing resources easier >=D

Makes sense, anyone when die should lose all items, dropped where they stood :o no matter on your own bc or oponents