Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Docking
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 am 
Wiki edits: 0
I don't know if u guys know this or not i remember i time when ur bc was in fact solid and u could hit it with ally ships this was a while ago and back when i was still noob the major problem with this is docking and un docking i would un-dock and immediately ram bc for a sec or 2 b4 u could turn away docking well, u just had to make sure to spam dock on approach to the bc so u don't kill yourself by ramming. sooooo there must be a way to fix the hiding ship in ur bc during combat but still not have it super anointing at the start of the game when ur whole team un-docks and they all ram the bc just a lil bit. o yah plus the bc is 50% bigger too, could get pretty messy right at the start especially in pubs, maybe make it so only certain ships cant pass though bc, like any late game ss...

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:49 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
docking is the problem, deploying is an easy fix, just have your unit spawn further from the bc, or spawn invuln near the bc. Docking needs to have a larger range, when activated your ship should auto pilot slow down and dock, during this period your ship should be destructable. This would cause a delay in docking and would make dock tanking strategies less effective ( they shouldn't exist in the first place )

Theres no reason for you to be able to drive through or inside of your BC outside of your initial dock (Temporary invuln of ally ship ramming buff, no longer than 10 seconds)
Logically your passing through a solid
Combat your hiding inside the strongest unit on the map and can safely provide fire (this is a problem and you should be required to take formation outside of the bc)
Healing your mine layer can hide inside while providing a small boost to regeneration speeds, any healer should be destructible

a bunch of things need to happen here
1. bc is not able to be passed through
2. deploying places your ship further from the bc, with an invuln to ramming for a short period (we should consider spawning on top of asteroids and having invuln to that also)
3. docking needs to have a new system to it that helps to prevent ships instantly healing, further more a heal over time system needs to be in place
4. an aoe yamato or missle should be implemented to combat any ship(s) hiding BEHIND or inside of the bc.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:39 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
4. multiple yamatos? all for it, i suggested this somewhere (along with so many other nonsense posts!) and we should get another light missile in for aeo (3 light missiles 4 heavies...time for another light missile)

3. Heal over time, yes but could get OP early on, maby as an upgrade requiring green and/or must activate (hull nano repair bots) and it will heal your ship/hp/s and consuming some power, early on with no energy ups this will drain you but using good power managment you could do fine. Or we could make it an item
and docking bays should be more interactive like in WC3 where you could view the ship and see its health

2. i suggest it actually enters out of the center of BC like usual and have an invunrability for 5 seconds before taking ramming damage, your fault for not clearing BC (we could do more seconds if needed) because being placed right in the middle of lazer fire would suck, this would better you getting your bearings.

1. Like #2

Why do i do things backwards? because i likezz it!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:40 pm 
CCA
by heal over time i of course meant docking, instead of instant heals your docked ships will regenerate health as repairs are made, this effect should be made upgrade-able. Once an effective nerf to nanite is made, it can be used as another means of healing damaged ships seeing as docking would be inefficient for miners.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
One thing that I'm not sure has been mentioned is that Siretu offered making it so that ships can't shoot things while they're 'inside' of the BC.

Can also make it so that launched ships start with some velocity so that they catapult away from the BC.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:24 pm 
CCA
not firing from the inside of the bc is not a solution, chomper tanking is still way too easy when you can pass through the ship. The bc should not be navigatable just like every other allied ship after a short duration after launch. its not even a must that the ships spawn far from the bc, just extend the no ally ramming invuln for a few moments longer to be noob friendly. They can ram allies or rocks, the bc being rammable isnt an issue. I can see docking onto this impassable bc being difficult for the new players however we can extend the range of the dock with the same system it has but a little slower, and make the ship destructible when performing this dock.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:38 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
If we make the BC un-passable for allies, how about instead of an allied ship being able to ram the BC, it will automatically dock instead?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:24 am 
CCA
would make in battle formations with mine layer chomper and destroyer a pain in the ass, but that is a clever way to look at it.

-Join CCA!