Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Docking
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:56 am 
Neph
Wiki edits: 0
Personally I think the ability to dock and heal your ship instantly or hide your ship underneath the battle cruiser is a bad mechanic in the game. If your not allowed to get under any other ships in your game, why should you be allowed to go under your battle cruiser?

Post subject: Re: Docking
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
this has been addressed, frequently. Docking in the future will heal over time not instantly, and insomni was considering making the bc unable to navigate through. He needs some convincing still, believes its not noob friendly that way, however noobs can crash into other small ships, rocks, why not be able to ram the bc also? 10 second invuln to ally ramming on deployment - after that your bc is not a floating shield for all of your small ships to hide inside of, i hate the fact that you can do that :p

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 am 
CCA
I completely agree. Thank you for posting this.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:31 am 
Neph
Well you can make the ships who dock / release spawn outside of the ship, not on top. Its a simple area deal and is easily done. There's a few other "balance" issues I"m gonna hit up tonight as I've played about 10 cvc's of CC and found all to be stupid on how they ended / what happened in case of balance.

As for this topic of docking.

Ships within 2 range can dock on your BC, the BC can ram / collide with you if you hit it / and ships spawn outside the BC when you release them. It's a rather simple thing to do really and I don't understand why it wasn't already done when you can abuse it as much as you see it abused in CvC's

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:41 am 
CCA
yeah we discussed all that, its a matter of time really he wanted to rush boarding before his big job came up which will hinder his ability to patch for a while :p

looking forward to your other posts about balance.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:56 am 
Neph
Well honestly, Balance should come first before you ever release anything new. If something is not balance, the game is not fair, and thus the game becomes 1 sided to the "knowers" and the "Know-nots"

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:15 am 
CCA
well seeing as you can do whatever they do "balance" is fine, there is an even playing ground. its conceptually flawed, and needs to be changed, but the balance is just fine bud haha

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:16 am 
CCA
only thing being a knower requires is a little imagination and trying new things :o thats what everybody else did

furthermore any strategy map SHOULD have superior players being knowers, and the know nots simply need to do some studying.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:00 am 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
It could be possible, however the ship would need sometime for the *invulrability* of BC while launching and has 5 seconds to clear the BC before BC sheilds pushes it out, it cant be launched off the side of the ship, sometimes you could get unlucky and launch right into lazers, and increase docking range by 3, the only ship that doesnt need it is the boarding ship.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:01 am 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 6
Being able to move through your own BC and not your opponents makes some sense :o lets pretend there's point defense drones &/selective shielding (like in stargate stuff)

1, you don;t wanna fly through enemy bc cause their point defense would shred you when your passing that close,
2, selective shielding means, each team has it's own attunment, so your own tech passes through your own shields, unharmed

If your gonna make collisions with BC & small ships on same team, might as well make friendly fire solid too, no passing through