Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: quantum leach is to powerful
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
With a powerdock you're generating ~400 GW. That's 60 m/s. No ship other than a miner or the BC can catch you. And if any other ships chase you without the BC shielding them, you can tractor beam kill them easy.

You can dump your weapons into shields while you repair if the enemy chases you. Since they can't broadside you, your shields are more efficient than their weapons, they will run out of power first.

It's a stalemate that gets reset once you finish repairing your hull.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:50 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
what i was saying is any small ship requiring any form of any energy consumption is an edge of energy the enemy ship will not have to deal with. Players either boost on top of or away from an enemy destroyer, if the destroyer is smart enough to relay that information "they just boosted, you can boost also and not worry about being disengaged. What im trying to say is the destroyers leech has too great an effect on the battle cruiser due to sapping 5k energy per full volley, in a full on fight thats easilly over 20-25k.

600gw to engines is a massive amount of energy lost to retreat, its too much, your better off trying to boost on top, tractor beam, and kill a destroyer (doing this in unison with a wraith emp is viable) Destroyers shouldnt be able to keep up with the bc, they should be able to do damage, but not kill one. They are BC combatants, but no way should they be able to take one down unless the bc operators are garbage o.o They are the only small ship able to be a real threat to a bc, in the form of energy or hull lost.

Thats why i believe a nerf of the energy lost is needed, a large one.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:27 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
You don't need to use boost to catch a destroyer when the BC is moving at 60 m/s. 60 m/s for 'free', since it costs 400 GW but your powerdock is generating 400 GW, meaning you aren't losing energy, and your damage repair team is healing the hull.

You can save all your boosts for escaping the enemy BC. You don't even need to boost to escape, just to evade the broadsides. Penta does 130 DPS to shields. It costs 800 GW to maintain penta-fire. Maintaining 130 shields per second costs 650 GW (which doesn't count boost which is like 5x cheaper shields, shield boost can absorb yamatos and missiles). It's cheaper for me to absorb your weapons fire than it is for you to shoot. So basically, if you chase my BC trying to shoot me, you will run out of power before I do. If you don't shoot me, I will match your speed while repairing up (but staying above 300 GW engines). And there's no way to stop me.

All you can do is collect kerm rocks and try to endurance run me to death, which will be hard because as mentioned already shields are cheaper than weapons. It's not impossible to kill me, it's just going to be a 3 hour game while you try. And that's not fun.

Nerfing quantum leech doesn't make it any less vital. It just risks making the game drag out longer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:51 pm 
Wiki edits: 0
1. An escaping bc is supposed to be better at power-consumption!
2. Dragging out chases are better then 40 min mining for 1 min fight.
3. Leech atm is much better then torpedos, since it takes bc's life - it's energy, but that doesn't mean u have to boost torpedos to kill bc in one barrage - that would be nonsense.

P.S. if you look up to my mass replicator suggestion thread, one of my last suggestions there was about turning BC's hull into another way of getting energy resourses, so having that would give Torpedos a short boost, but still, leach as it is now is imbalanced conpared to torpedos.

- It gets wet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:34 pm 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
I am going to make the Quantum Leech drain 200 + 150 * destroyer upgrade level, similar to Ivan's suggestion. We'll see how this pans out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:48 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
perfect.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:00 pm 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
I'm wondering if I should do something about the Chroniton torpedoes as well, but I'll probably wait until after this patch to see how it works.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:34 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
Siretu wrote:
I'm wondering if I should do something about the Chroniton torpedoes as well, but I'll probably wait until after this patch to see how it works.

People don't realize it but torpedoes are pretty devastating as a fully upgraded dessy only needs 10 shots to kill a BC,
starting with 20% each upgrade will add 15% ignore shields (35%/50%/65%/80%/95%) that will ignore shields and hit hull

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:38 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
I also think chronitons are powerful, if you have the upgrades or a lot of dessies... But we probably shouldn't nerf a strat that is never used. Also Dessies only have 4 attack ups, not 5 (=

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:08 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
oh then 20% my bad (for some reason i thought 5) and = 100%.

For powerdocking i just think we should eliminate ship energy to BC all together, there are too many problems with it and we should just start with more energy from core (like 30+) and use ship slots for other ships

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next