Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: quantum leach is to powerful
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:03 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
nerf leech, its too powerful anyhow, 4 landed volleys = 20% of the enemies energy reserves. just doing that before an initiation is a brutal advantage. Best solution is to have a low base energy sap with an increased energy sap per destroyer damage upgrade. makes the most sense, and will have the best balance throughout the game not just initially.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:17 pm 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 6
ah ok XD but, quantum bombardment, - >quantum leech, same, bombs, lovely power..... hmmmm

I can think of a way to buff up the croniton torps t match the leech, perhaps lower damage, just slightly, reduce energy cost maybe a bit, decrese cooldown, and incread the torpedoes speed :p
(personal desired effect, Q bombs be say.... green, leeches purple, and cronitons orange)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:25 pm 
Wiki edits: 0
I see my suggestion has been repeated like 4 times :p. anyways, i have yet another dessie branch suggestion, what do you think about an anti dessie dessie upgrade choice. That is area of effect damage! Same for other two branches - area effected will be increased by level of des ups. The whole idea is that having aoe makes it easy to kill tactics such as sitting under cruiser. When a projectile lands on a target aerial damage is released, doing preferably not full damage to area (40 to 60% depending on balance). Ships that were hit should also be blocked from docking for 4-5 sec.

If you don't like AOE, and lets say there may be a problem of AOE being too big like 1 cruiser size in "RADIUS", because otherwise it will not be able to kill ships that hide behind cruiser. Then there is another suggestion a 3-state skill that has the following options:
1. Attack all the targets projectile passes through
2. Attack only small ships (no cruiser)
3. Attack only cruiser

That way it'll be possible to shoot through cruiser and kill ships that hide behind it, and opposite, ignore chomper shields and kill focus cruiser.

You can discuss both and pick the one to your liking, second one is a little useless in a no BC fight, but those no BC fights do not happen that often if u ask me. While first might be found useless due to low cap AOE, since it won't hit the ships at the furthest side of cruiser, and then the whole purpose is lost, while making it too big is also bad idea, considering current tremendous size of battle cruiser, AOE should be big enough to kill every ship in a screen :)

Pluses of anti dessie dessies are obvious, you can give enemies who learned leech or torpedos hard times, making them unable to use small ships or making it very hard to use, while minuses are also obvious, that upgrade doesn't give dessie any buff in a fight against cruiser, if it can't leech energy, nor ignore shields - then it's kinda pointless.

- It gets wet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:50 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
both upgrades are very powerful anyways...the leech should take -200 a hit, 1 bombardment = -1000 energy, thats an 80% nerf
the torpedoes should do a bleedthrough instead of just hitting hulls, 75% should bleedthrough and do damage to hull while 25% does damage to sheilds

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:32 pm 
Wiki edits: 0
Red-Rocket wrote:
both upgrades are very powerful anyways...the leech should take -200 a hit, 1 bombardment = -1000 energy, thats an 80% nerf
the torpedoes should do a bleedthrough instead of just hitting hulls, 75% should bleedthrough and do damage to hull while 25% does damage to sheilds

Totally disagree. Destroyer is late game hard-to-use offensive weapon. It's not supposed to do that low of a damage, -200 hp a hit, do you mean one bombardment? u mean like 40 a hit? that makes a corvette with all ups stronger then a DESTROYER. 1000 energy in 5 hits is also too weak to even consider it, cruiser can't move when u use leach dessies, thus u'l only have minuses, and no pluses. I'd rather ramm enemy BC with 2 miners constantly redocking to repair, then using dessies that are so weak

- It gets wet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:58 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
Literally none of the nerfs discussed in this thread make quantum leech more useful than chroniton torpedoes.

They also don't 'solve' any problem. Unless the problem is the most expensive ship in the game, designed to kill battlecruisers, is killing battlecruisers? What exactly is the point of making them kill the BC slower? To prolong the game? It certainly doesn't give the other team a chance, you have close to zero chance of scoring a killing blow on the BC without your own destroyer. All they have to do is run away: you can't shoot broadsides while pursuing and no other weapon is cost efficient enough to break through the shields. (shields are more energy efficient than weapons)

I don't understand this concern about mid-game destroyers... you can't just send destroyers out on their own, or they'll get obliterated by the enemy BC. And you can't send your BC with them because you haven't finished your upgrade chain or powerdock yet, unless your goal is to run out of energy. They're strictly a late-game BC killer.

If anything is to be done, chroniton torpedoes should be buffed, because they're weaksauce, and don't make playing the destroyer any different, so they get skipped for quantum. Make them NOT weaksauce. Don't nerf quantum. At least, not without nerfing shield tanking as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:54 pm 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 6
DumbMarine wrote:
Literally none of the nerfs discussed in this thread make quantum leech more useful than chroniton torpedoes.

They also don't 'solve' any problem. Unless the problem is the most expensive ship in the game, designed to kill battlecruisers, is killing battlecruisers? What exactly is the point of making them kill the BC slower? To prolong the game? It certainly doesn't give the other team a chance, you have close to zero chance of scoring a killing blow on the BC without your own destroyer. All they have to do is run away: you can't shoot broadsides while pursuing and no other weapon is cost efficient enough to break through the shields. (shields are more energy efficient than weapons)

I don't understand this concern about mid-game destroyers... you can't just send destroyers out on their own, or they'll get obliterated by the enemy BC. And you can't send your BC with them because you haven't finished your upgrade chain or powerdock yet, unless your goal is to run out of energy. They're strictly a late-game BC killer.

If anything is to be done, chroniton torpedoes should be buffed, because they're weaksauce, and don't make playing the destroyer any different, so they get skipped for quantum. Make them NOT weaksauce. Don't nerf quantum. At least, not without nerfing shield tanking as well.

I said we should lower energy cost, damage of torps, a lil, and really lower is cooldown + raise sped of projectiles =p

Mostly, makes them faster, less cost for speed ratio, and boost overall DPS slightly :p

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:04 pm 
CCA
i disagree, the damage put out by a destroyer is large enough to combat a BC, which means direct hull damage does plenty. The leech simply drains too much energy, if it were cut in half or lower, like Ivan is suggesting, it would equalize the usefulness of either upgrade. Nerf Leech make it = to torpedo.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:06 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
Doing 9000 hull damage doesn't matter if they run away and repair up.

How are you supposed to stop the BC from running away without quantum?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:08 pm 
CCA
the same way any other ship would o.o chase it, the more they run the more energy they deplete. Lets not forget this map is called Cruiser command and not destroyer command, the focal point and main ship is and should always be the Cruiser. If it runs your cruiser gains an energy advantage and the opportunity to head it off or ambush it.

-Join CCA!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next