Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: quantum leach is to powerful
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:05 am 
CCI
Wiki edits: 0
Quote:
You can't boost chron, you just can't, point is if you got 3 dessies with it and nulli, they attack bc and kill him within 10 seconds, the bc will not have time to react, so u want to lower it down to 5 seconds? that's sick!

if you have 3 destroyers and the other team doesn't it's gg regardless of destroyers ups

Edit: Also boosting the speed of cronitron torpedos will not help kill faster just allow to hit the bc better.

Quote:
Another suggestion to balance them is to make quantum leech power drain level be based on dessie damage upgrade, there are 4 upgrades atm, so each upgrade should not only increase the damage done, but also increase power drain increased by 150 with each upgrade, having it 400 at start (2000 in full 5 shots), and current 1000 fully upgraded (5000 for 5 shots). Then getting leech won't be an easy strat to pull of in a mid game (same as torpedos).

This is perfect!! :mrgreen: It puts this upgrade where it should be, late game, also where the counter is found :geek: .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 am 
CCA
I support Ivan's solution, quantum leech could use some higher pricing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 am 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 6
i think torps and leech should both be buyable, and dessy should be swapping between the 2 wepons

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:01 am 
Nooooo, that goes against the concept! It's supposed to be one or another, thread is about balancing one dessie weapon with another, and you suggest skipping balancing and just messing up dessie balance compared to other weapons/ships

- It gets wet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:26 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
i am in support of the leech scaling alongside the damage upgrades of the destroyer, this way if it is rushed it wont have the same impact as it would if it were fully upgraded. The leech is sapping too much energy right now, thats absolutely correct. The damage a destroyer puts out shouldn't be able to solo a bc, thus its damage output is where it should be. Any more damage would result in further imbalance against other small ships trying to flee or survive. Leech is the smarter of the two but the torpedo does have its uses as well, if the enemy is in full retreat with low hull its more intelligent to try to finish their remaining hull off.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:35 am 
CCA
Hopeinmo wrote:
i think torps and leech should both be buyable, and dessy should be swapping between the 2 wepons

The whole idea behind it was to introduce some "customizing" for ships, so the fights become a bit more asymmetrical.
This XOR upgrades idea was suggested by me and has been added to kinetics and destroyers so far, and I think it's a good way to achieve some diversity in CC games.
It's not the "upgrade everything!" but you need some actual planning for the upgrades and decide whether you want to upgrade the dessie right away, or attack, retreat, then adapt to the enemy's strategy by getting the dessie upgrade that counters the enemy strategy best.

So you're doing "let's wait and see what is best against the enemy", instead of brainlessly doing all the ups you can do.
XOR obviously stops working when there's a clearly better choice and leeched energy tied to damage ups is a good way to balance them, since chroniton improves with damage ups as well.
Quantum leech on the other hand already has max strength without any damage ups, since you don't care about the damage when you're using leech anyways.

(For everyone who isn't into computer science, XOR means either or.

Last edited by Degra on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:43 am 
ZergCC
Degra wrote:
Hopeinmo wrote:

The whole idea behind it was to introduce some "customizing" for ships, so the fights become a bit more asymmetrical.
This XOR upgrades idea was suggested by me and has been added to kinetics and destroyers so far, and I think it's a good way to achieve some diversity in CC games.
It's not the "upgrade everything!" but you need some actual planning for the upgrades and decide whether you want to upgrade the dessie right away, or attack, retreat, then adapt to the enemy's strategy by getting the dessie upgrade that counters the enemy strategy best.

So you're doing "let's wait and see what is best against the enemy", instead of brainlessly doing all the ups you can do.
XOR obviously stops working when there's a clearly better choice and leeched energy tied to damage ups is a good way to balance them, since chroniton improves with damage ups as well.
Quantum leech on the other hand already has max strength without any damage ups, since you don't care about the damage when you're using leech anyways.

At minimal, the torps activation button should be removed, because there is absolutely no reason to turn off the torpedoes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:45 am 
CCA
I agree with that and I never understood why iNsOmni actually added the disabled anti-hull function to chroniton dessies.

Moreover, it's too hard to see whether you enabled chroniton or disabled them, I think the only difference is the color of the button.
Not even the text of the chronitons tooltip is different, if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:52 am 
ZergCC
I think it'd be nice if each time a dessy is launched, you customize to change how it works =p or each dessy individually customizes :p i kinda wish could swap between torps and leech, I see them a bit as equal but, they are 2 diff weapons XD you have he q bombs, which can be upped to leech, or swap to chron torpedoes doesn't make sense why cant have both :o from what i have read, im not sure i understand why people would be upset with having both availble... mostly what i have seen is people say torps is a noob trap... which i don't agree any game having

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:34 pm 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
That is not a good reasoning. Just because one of them is worse doesn't mean both should be available. The solution is to make them equal by either buffing the bad one or nerfing the good one. Degra already explained why we don't want to have both available.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next