Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: quantum leach is to powerful
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:15 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
with the hull repairs being free, the current mobility of a dessy vs a bc, and the hull upgrades a bc can have, i do not believe chronotons need a nerf, i think they could use a slight buff in the form of adding light missle fire onto that tier of assault actually. Remember they only put out 100dps and with the right person in the nav and weapons seats a dessy is an easy kill. leech is at 4k per full volley now rather than 5k, i believe thats still strong and chronotons should become a little more useful to match it, light missles firing from the dessy that also have the chronoton effect would help to balance the two i think.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 33
Hmm, perhaps chronitron could be renamed to 'Impact Torpedos', which go through shields and have a high chance of causing debris. At the very least, higher than what it is now. That would make it stronger, but hopefully not too strong.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:38 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
A Chronotron is a device that measures extremely brief time intervals by comparing electric pulses.

This implies that Chronitron Torpedoes bypass shields by modulating their own frequency, or timing, to coincide with the shields frequency, or pulses. This prevents destructive interference from occuring.

Until Small Ships are excluded from the BattleCruiser Space, I think Chronitrons are overpowered, but after the exclusion Chronitrons will be underpowered.