Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: nanite transfer nerf?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:54 am 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 6
Not sure about this XD I was in a nanited dessy and enemy BC killed me in a few shots like normal, I didn't see any Invulnerability with it =S (due to my more recent problems with my supposed observations i don't trust my own post >_> )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:53 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 33
Here is an idea: Instead of % based or 20 hp per second, let's make it constant for each ship.

15 HP for wraith.
20 for corvette.
25 for chomper and destroyer.

This is not % based, as % based would either make it too strong for chomper and desys or too weak for wraith, and constant has the same issues as %, no way to make both small and large ss happy. What do people think?

Edit. The other ships could have:

15 HP for miner.
10 HP for mine layer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:06 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
15 hps on a wraith is still over powered early game. The point of % base is ships that are meant to be tanky (des, chomp) are tanky, where as ships that are not (wraith, mine layer, miner) are not, the purpose of the % scaling is to combat the increased dps late game, where you increase hull you gain hull per second, at the same time dps of the bc and all small ships will be increased by massive amounts through upgrades. The intelligent thing to do is to make it % based for game long effectiveness, instead of a burst of useful hull early game that disappears late game due to dps being massive.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:57 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
look its not OP its expensive and you get what you payed for, green and manpower, the nanite transfer becomes useless late game, and early game you cant take more then a few shots of penta, which overall is less expensive (100 red) compared to a total of 150 (and 25 green which is rare), you gotta deal with it, 15 on wraith is fine, 20 on corvette...cool if you could make corvettes a little easier to hit, dessies, 30, they deal in late game and get destroyed pretty damm quickly unlike early game

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 am 
CCA
you can take shots from a bc without needing to avoid them, you can literally hunt miners next to the cruiser with no risk of death. You can take in 15 damage per second on a swift agile tiny ship and remain untouched. Lasers do not put out enough damage early game to have any early game ship having that high of a regeneration rate. The nerf needs to be harsh on wraiths and corvettes. Do you think i would argue in favor of this if it were unnecessary? im a wraith pilot! The upgrade transforms the fragile miner hunter into an invincible ramming + shooting machine, the dps you put out increases due to not caring weather or not you ram. The regeneration is too brutal, and the skill cap of the wraith deteriorates accordingly. Nanite does suck late game, but its early game where economy is established. If a wraith comes at you with nanite transfer early game you cannot kill him. THAT is imbalanced.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 am 
CCA
Cost is not a form of balance, its an indicator of how much time it takes to receive it.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:53 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
The only counter nanites (which isn't even a counter but the only sure way you can keep ships safe) on a wriath is docking them and wait for "the storm to blow over". That is to over powered. I did have this thought that may prevent a nanite wraith from getting to close to the BC. Have the damage repair cost energy (1 HP per energy). If the wraith gets to close to the BC, the person on weapons has a chance to zap all the wraith's energy away and make it dead in the water (Space...). Also the repair power is trumped. I believe this would make the nanite wraith strong against other small ships but the BC (Even the destroyer) has a chance to kill it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:06 pm 
I think nanites needs a nerf. I don't care how you do it but nerf it.

The counter to a wraith on nanites, currently, is to upgrade your wraith's cannon damage and have a better pilot in your wraith. If the nanite wraith has upgraded cannons and nanites I suggest not engaging him at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:13 pm 
CCA
I haven't read all the posts here, but I will later. I really like Tempest's idea on the % based heal. And, I'd really like it if Ionic would be nerfed or buffed whichever will make it keep pace with nanites. I feel like a nanite wraith should be able to terrorize, but be semi countered by a ionized corvette. Either, the corvette is capable to defend against the wraith like mad, or just able to catch the wraith and kill it. But, it has to be close if thats possible.

In regards for late game, Ionic definitely leads the way, so maybe a nerf is needed? or the % hp boosted is good enough to make nanites a bit more promising for SS tanking late game? Ionno how to make this possible. Maybe nerf both ionic and nanites. So ionic would be good still, but not as good as it is currently in the late game.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 am 
CCA
theres a big difference between regeneration and immortality, nanite needs to have its regen per second decreased on small combat ships and increased on large ones (chomper included)

Best method of doing this is %. 3% hull per second may be too much even, should consider 2.

-Join CCA!