Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: nanite transfer nerf?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:04 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 33
So, as I am playing CC and using nanite transfer, I notice how insanely powerful it is. 25 hp per second means I can solo a vette as the wraith absolutely no problem. I can even tank BC shots easily, and can ram enemy miners to death with no repercussions. As much as it pains me to do so, I think it needs to be nerfed just a little, from:

25 hp / s over 180 s

to:

15 hp / s over 300 s

The overall health gained is still 4500 total HP, but it makes it so that I can't be constantly on the offensive with the wraith. At the very least it stops me from tanking trip shots as easily. That is my suggestion, if people have a better idea or a reason they think it is just right as it is compared to the other transfer upgrades, please explain why so we can have a healthy discussion on bringing this upgrade in line.

Post subject: Re: nanite transfer nerf?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
agreed except it becomes obsolete late game as more damage and hull are applied, i suggest upgrades for it.
3 upgrades 15B 15Y 5G (i forget what nanite costs but basicly base resources at reduced price)
each will add 3/s healrate (15/s 18/s 21/s 24/s)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:20 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
You're not the first person to suggest this nerf, although you might be the first to suggest it's imba vs corvettes. I think it's getting nerfed next patch.

Just out of curiosity, can you post the replay?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:33 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 33
DumbMarine wrote:
You're not the first person to suggest this nerf, although you might be the first to suggest it's imba vs corvettes. I think it's getting nerfed next patch.

Just out of curiosity, can you post the replay?

I wouldn't say imba against any corvette, just the ones that are too far from BC. I guess a good wraith can take out a corvette any day, so that may not have been the best way to word it. More along the lines of, it makes a 1 on 1 battle almost too easy against corvette, even at close range. I don't know how to post a replay (or any file for that matter), but I was in front of the corvette and killed a miner with half health, and basically no worry.

I like Red's idea of making it an initial purchase and then having upgrades for it, as it would keep it relevant and decently fair throughout the whole game. The price may need to be a bit larger overall, though, otherwise the upgrades defeat the purpose of the nerf, and actually make it stronger, as then a team could have half of a nanite transfer when they could not afford the original (current) full upgrade.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:38 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
the heal per second should scale based upon the total hull of the ship. Destroyers and Chompers should heal faster than wraiths and corvettes.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:44 pm 
CCA
Upgrades would not be worth getting at all.

Nanite transfer is intentionally a very powerful power transfer ability that becomes useless after the first kerm field spawns. Ionic and Plasma transfer do not follow this power curve, ionic only gets stronger over time (ionic destroyer!) and plasma transfer has the most utility end-game.

It's intended to be a powerful move that you put forth that forces your opponents to respond. A nanite'd wraith can't be rammed to death by miners, can't be chased away by an enemy wraith, and the BC will need penta shot or broadsides to have any chance of killing it. The corvette is intended to be able to chase it off, but the wraith still has the speed advantage. It's supposed to sorta be a stalemate, where the wraith can EVENTUALLY kill the corvette if the corvette gets careless. An ionic'd corvette would negate the speed advantage though, tipping the scales in the corvette's favor.

If you don't do damage with the ability though, you're left at a big disadvantage. That's 25 green that wasn't spent on early reactor upgrades. The ability becomes less effective once the BC has broadsides, and becomes completely useless against kinetic 3 and tractor beam. Destroyers don't give a crap about nanites. You will be completely unable to chase down the ionic'd wraith that's harassing your miners. Upgrades won't give you any options.

If it's going beyond this formula, then it needs to be nerfed.

Last edited by DumbMarine on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:48 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
well i meant a base 50B 50Y 25G for the 15hp/s
then add for every 15B 15Y 5G 3hp/s
totaling 95B 95Y 40G

Could also be applied to the ionic transfer
25% starter speed and 200 energy
15% increaes and 50 energy for each upgrade (3)
(25%/40%/55%/70%) (200/250/300/350)

Plazma...no need. Its a one hit wonder....literally

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:15 am 
CCA
While nanite might need a nerf, ionic certainly doesn't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:57 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
yeahhh a wraith cant kill a nanited anything. with maxed lasers you might be able to get a miner, but not a vette (shielding gives plenty of time for FULL regeneration). I suggest the heal be % based and not hull per second. This would make wraiths able to kill entry level ships and would make it a good strategy to follow up onto chompers and destroyers for tanking and survivability.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:44 am 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
The healing rate is decreased from 25 to 20 in the dev version that's coming in the next patch. We'll see how that changes things.