Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Repair stations
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:02 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
These were some pretty intense games. Down to the wire in energy. I had two games. One game where they were nearly dead and about 5 minutes later they're full hps. Another game where we are chasing them and they are running and warping with repairs going. We watch their bc go from red to full hps.... Extremely depressing

Post subject: Re: Repair stations
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:35 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 33
I have found myself in many games where we have ample repair stations to keep the chase going indefinitely. I have two suggestions to fix this issue:

1. Increase the time for a repair station to appear from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in the construction console. 30 seconds is just so that it is longer, but it could be something like 45 seconds as well.
  2. Decrease the maximum amount of repair stations stored within the construction console from 100 to 50. It takes 2000 seconds currently to get a full 100 repair stations, which is only about 30 minutes. These 100 repair stations, with the upgrades, provide nearly infinite healing. I have seen BCs heal at 100 hp / s due to many repair stations being placed.

These two changes would both make repair stations more precious in terms of usability and placement (do I want to save these to heal and destroy debris later, or to heal right now as we are running?), and they would make the respective upgrades much more valuable in terms of purchasing them before a big fight. Currently, the only times I consider getting the repair upgrades are when I am in a losing fight and have to run.