Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Repair stations
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:12 pm 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
So after a lot of nerfs and some buffs later on, you've all had some time to play around with them. I'd like to hear your opinion on them.

Personally, it feels like they're not a viable alternative to shield tanking but that they're still pretty useful. Mid/late game, there's almost always repairing to be done if you don't have something else to do which means no one has to stand around doing nothing.

What do you people think? Should I buff it some more? Is it good as it is? Do we want it to be a viable alternative to shield tanking?

Post subject: Re: Repair stations
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:43 pm 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 6
Idea 1, tank for minerals, old repair
I think perhaps the repair stations could last a lil longer and you could somehow funnel minerals through to enhance repairs at that moment, boosting hull for money to tank

Previous problem
I think the main problem with the previous tanking (which i missed) Is that people dont like the concept of hull tanking being the same or similar to shield tanking (no cost to hull tanking) as there was no cost to use and it was overly effective (so i heard)

Idea 2, Solution to free hull, moving forward, startrek meets CC
Althought I think that hull and shield tanking should be similar somehow... after thought, i started to think perhaps we should be able to research some form of "biosteel" so hull will regen, and possibly an energy funnel or something that allows us to boost hull integrity (reduce damage dealt to hull, not repair it) I am sure there's some hull integrity reinforcment field on startrek and im suggesting something similar, it does not repair, it makes the hull more resiliant

Epilogue, think from here my friends
I am thinking startrek (voyager at least) acts as a decent reference for some ideas to cruiser command, stargate and starwars may also have some decent references for ideas, but for the moment, all i can do is suggest paying attention to the main space movies for inspiration

AKA
StarCraft
StarGate
StarTrek
StarWars

( My Infamous S-CGTW )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:59 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
might want to hand the hull upgrades to max at 10 (15,000 max health) and have future hull upgrades for future updates for balancing
(like my idea of advanced or tier 2 upgrade console but very few people agree with my strange ideas lol)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:41 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
The minelayer repairs like 20 times faster than the hull stations. I don't see hull tanking viable at all right now any more than it before they were added. I would like to see hull tanking be viable.

As an aside, killing the BC without a quantum leech destroyer feels close to impossible.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:46 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
After calculating all sorts of things through (and also in-game experience), I believe the repair stations are alright as they currently are.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:06 am 
CCA
Degra, I mostly agree with you. The healing rate of Repair Stations is perfect. However, I would like to see two small changes. The radius of placement exclusion reduced by ~20%, and the lifespan increased by ~20%. I do not believe any changes need to be made to Thermite Charge.

However, there are wonderful Strategic and Tactical reasons for splitting and reworking Iron Curtain. My suggestion is to split Iron Curtain into the two following upgrades.

Polarize Hull - By electromagnetically charging the Hull, structural integrity is dramatically increased.
Effect: Hull Damage is reduced by 90%, Damage to Shields is unaffected.
Energy Requirement: 300 GW / Sec
Upgrade Cost: 20y 80b 40g
Other: This Ability has an associated Graphic, and a cool-down of 60 Seconds after it is turned off. If Shields are down, this ability also breaks Tractor Beams.

Hull Capacitance - The Kinetic Energy of Hull Damage is converted to usable energy stored in the Ship Capacitor.
Level 1: Hull Damage is converted to Energy at 10% Efficiency.
Level 2: Hull Damage is converted to Energy at 20% Efficiency.
Level 3: Hull Damage is converted to Energy at 30% Efficiency.
Other: This Ability is passive, and always on.
Upgrade Cost: 30y 60b 15g

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:06 am 
CCA
I'm neutral toward Hull Capacitance, it seems cool at first glance, but I'm not sure how this will interact with ships running out of power. Shooting your opponent could give them the energy to flee, but maybe that's okay.

Polarize Hull would be hilariously imba though. You know how invulnerable we were in that game with 67k hull? Imagine having 100k hull, which is what this upgrade would effectively do. Add on a minelayer, recipe for literal invulnerability.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:43 pm 
CCA
Marine, you are right. I looked at the numbers again and the energy cost of Polarized Hull would need to be at least 400 GW, and the damage reduction should be reduced. Please remember, however, that fires and debris would still form.

Concerning Hull Capacitance, compare the energy gains to weapon efficiencies.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:02 pm 
CCA
Repair stations currently are a little broken.... I have replays to show the fact. I think with the new patch showing you where you can drop the repair stations, you're able to optimize the area on your bc best to allow for more repair craziness. In the course of chasing an enemy BC in the red, they can repair back to 100% in a matter of minutes. Like literally we can't kill them, they are right in front of us running, and we are chasing them, and their hps are climbing.... It is extremely frustrating and I feel they are a bit broken at the moment. If you would like replay as data, let me know.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:15 pm 
CCA
HumanLisk wrote:
they are right in front of us running, and we are chasing them, and their hps are climbing

Are their shields up? What are you shooting them with?