Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Corvette 2.0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:54 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
Siretu wrote:
The shields should reflect the Destroyer's attack. Reflective shield has been bugged for a while, allowing projectiles through sometimes. This was fixed in 1.6 though, has it happened after 1.6?

I don't know. I didn't keep track of when this happened because I didn't think it was a bug. I just assumed chroniton torpedoes were supposed to skip those shields as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:44 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
corvette is much better now, i dont even think it needs much else done to it. there are ways to make it the best combat ship on the map, if your smart enough to manage it :p

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:39 am 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
And all I did really was give it an upgrade for faster projectile speed :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 pm 
ZergCC
Wiki edits: 6
I can think of another upgrade/switch for corvette =p and it might make more sense for photon condenser name =p

A upgrade that gives corv option of firing all projectiles forward rather than shotgun style =p again, switch ability, like croniton torpedoes (although to be honest, i cant see why youd wanna switch to normal dessy q bombs when have torps, imo, only reason to turn off torps would be if you could toggle between the 2 upgrades)

Last edited by Hopeinmo on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:20 pm 
CCA
You also made a certain upgrade function properly and made the corvettes speed a force to be reckoned with :p it wasn't a direct buff to corvettes but it can be used that way.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:31 am 
Wiki edits: 0
Tempest wrote:
corvette is much better now, i dont even think it needs much else done to it. there are ways to make it the best combat ship on the map, if your smart enough to manage it :p

From what i've seen, it already is >.> not only it can now fight against a wraith, it can harass much better, especially if u harass against chompers, it even feels that the speed of corvette is buffed... so now he has same speed as wraith. Corvettes kill miners within seconds after appearing at the edge of the screen, so why using wraith which takes and skill to do so, when you got vette, that just rapes it >.>, plus for all the time i've been harassed lately, i couldn't kill enemy corvette with battle cruiser, it's hitbox is really small, my lazer shots flew right through it, it seems even that hitbox is slightly bigger then wraith, but in wraith's case - you can miss the actual target a little but it will still be considered a hit.

Now that u messed with vette to make it imba ship of destruction and even a ship that can harass battle cruiser itself, not to mention it can come to bc, rape all miners and chompers under it and escape with half hp, at least increase it's hitbox by 50% and size by 20%. Because just increasing hitbox would make hitting air hit corvette, which would create a lot of misunderstanding and crying :p. Plus make cruiser weapons do 30% dmg to corvette shields, or even make all of the weapons do 30% dmg to it

- It gets wet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:16 am 
CCA
even the best corvette pilot with ionic can be beaten my specific means. My clan has demonstrated this a few times :p just takes organization. no such thing as a perfect strategy, everything has a flaw that can be exploited.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:21 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
Corvettes have almost no chance of killing a miner. Corvettes have zero counter to the turbo boost.

The fact that corvettes can harass the BC is no surprise. It has an invulnerability shield and the highest small ship DPS in the game. Making the invulnerability shield not an invulnerability shield is like making the tractor beam not work on small ships. That's the whole damn point of the shield.

Also unless there was a stealth buff, corvettes haven't been buffed since photon condenser, which was a while ago.

Hitbox could use fixing though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 am 
Wiki edits: 0
yes but when a corvette comes and rapes miners around bc, because they can't boost, and to speed up and dock they need more time then for a vette to reach them. I've seen my poor little miners being harassed that way, when a vette comes and rapes 3/3 right under bc, and i shoot it at super close range with tripples, but they miss! because hitbox is of a coconut size, then he just used shields and goes away.

My point is not saying that corvette is invulnerable now, point is that corvette is supposed to be a harass counter, not a perfect harassing ship, wraith now sucks at harassing, since u can use corvette, which can kill both wraith's and miners, and also dodge BC's lazers

- It gets wet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:58 am 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
For the record, I don't think it's that hard to hit the Corvette. You just have to try to hit the middle. That said, I am still increasing the radius of it in the next patch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next