Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Mass Replicator Time Cost
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:23 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
I appreciate the indepth analysis you've done on the replay both here and in my inbox, IvanX. Let me first reiterate, to deflate expectations, that this was not a CCA replay. This was just some game between whoever happened to be online at the time. If you want a CCA replay, challenge us to a clan match.

You may not have noticed that the red team had already started their powerdock, or that they had twice the number of miners we had, by the time we bought the rep. Chasing their BC around would have been a pointless waste of time, and wouldn't have helped our economy out. The mass replicator allowed us to equalize the economy advantage without pointlessly wasting our time. And we used it throughout the entire game for on demand resources, instead of waiting for miners to find the one asteroid field left on the map.

No doubt, mistakes were made in that game. However, I think you are placing too much faith in hindsight and completely disregarding the metagame that was happening. You may have missed the predator drones that we landed on the other BC forcing them to play extra cautious, or not noticed the fact that both teams had a full powerdock and destroyer. In fact, I'm not actually sure if there exists a game where you wouldn't find some disqualifying fault with the mass rep, I mean, what was your focus when watching this replay? Shield levels? Reaction times? The only reason I posted this replay was to show that we bought the mass replicator, and it actually helped us out.

There's a million other ways that game could have happened, sure. That's true of every game. Nothing I can do about that, nor do I want to.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:17 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
DumbMarine wrote:
I appreciate the indepth analysis you've done on the replay both here and in my inbox, IvanX. Let me first reiterate, to deflate expectations, that this was not a CCA replay. This was just some game between whoever happened to be online at the time. If you want a CCA replay, challenge us to a clan match.

You may not have noticed that the red team had already started their powerdock, or that they had twice the number of miners we had, by the time we bought the rep. Chasing their BC around would have been a pointless waste of time, and wouldn't have helped our economy out. The mass replicator allowed us to equalize the economy advantage without pointlessly wasting our time. And we used it throughout the entire game for on demand resources, instead of waiting for miners to find the one asteroid field left on the map.

No doubt, mistakes were made in that game. However, I think you are placing too much faith in hindsight and completely disregarding the metagame that was happening. You may have missed the predator drones that we landed on the other BC forcing them to play extra cautious, or not noticed the fact that both teams had a full powerdock and destroyer. In fact, I'm not actually sure if there exists a game where you wouldn't find some disqualifying fault with the mass rep, I mean, what was your focus when watching this replay? Shield levels? Reaction times? The only reason I posted this replay was to show that we bought the mass replicator, and it actually helped us out.

There's a million other ways that game could have happened, sure. That's true of every game. Nothing I can do about that, nor do I want to.

Nice :o every tactic should have a risk, currently the risk with mass rep is an energy disadvantage on conflict. I believe the energy consumption - Mineral reward rate is a bit harsh and could be brought down a little. But even if its not the mass rep still has a use :o

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:48 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
Tempest wrote:
Nice :o every tactic should have a risk, currently the risk with mass rep is an energy disadvantage on conflict. I believe the energy consumption - Mineral reward rate is a bit harsh and could be brought down a little. But even if its not the mass rep still has a use :o

I can see the argument for toning down the energy cost. We have to be careful though, when you've got a full powerdock energy becomes a bit expendable. We don't want something where losing a destroyer doesn't matter because repping a new one takes 3 minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 pm 
Wiki edits: 0
I've been watching everything, for both teams, and i haven't noticed you going down on power by using replicator again after you bought it in the first place, losing 70k energy then wasn't really worth it, because even if you got power deck for that cash, regaining 70k energy obviously takes more time then finding enough veldite on not cleared out map, and ye i couldn't really watch every action of everyone, i know it was not a clan match, but all of the players were skilled and captain is still a captain, not to mention most of the players were cca, with a few randoms, so i didn't assume you play 100% different in clan matches.

Unfortunately while watching reply, i can't see the docks, so i had no idea whom had what dock-wise at what point

Mistakes? always, every game has a lot of small mistakes. Major mistakes that can turn the game around? never, at least not 5+ times in one game.

- It gets wet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:03 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
pfft, then you havent seen a moron on navigation o.o. One big mistake on nav or power and you can easily lose the game xD 5 small mistakes against a good team and you lose again xD

anyways as for mass rep, i listened to ivans proposal in more depth online and i do like it, he wants to convert the mass rep into a replicate over time type system rather than click and use. The numbers are in the works but this concept allows for better noob management. a noob going to mass rep and buying 45 kerm is game over in most instances.

-Join CCA!