Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Mass Replicator Time Cost
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:02 am 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
I see the mass rep get plenty of use O_o

The main time I don't see a team get a mass rep is when they're rushing. Otherwise, it's stellar for getting your powerdock done faster (and with a powerdock it basically turns into free money). Just don't use it to make kermiculite.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:35 am 
Wiki edits: 0
The only place mass replicator is used, from what i've seen is when you've already won the game, cause enemies are newbies, so you just take your time and waste your energy to regain it again (while keeping your engines and shields down), otherwise you put yourself in danger of being raped on the spot, plus waiting 10 minutes to get the stuff you invested in rep back is an overkill due to match time length, so in most of the cases it's loser's tactics, since you gotta invest all minerals and your time into it, if a hostile does the same - sure it's even, but if he doesn't, you get rushed (since you reach cap relatively same time) and by that time you already have most of the ups.

If you disagree and really think rep is used alot, then give me a reply of a game, where teams were even and one won over another by buying replicator, i'll gladly watch it and point out what hostile team did wrong, cause if they didn't then this doesn't make much sense.

-----
thus, the suggestion above would make replicator used in the cases where the map doesn't have one of the colors, then the team that bought replicator and used it up to get (veldite or pyro e.g.) wins. Cause you can't do much without those vital minerals.

- It gets wet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:02 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 17
a replicator is not a game winner, its a tool that can be extremely effective if used right. its extremely tough to use without leaving yourself too vulnerable to attack, but there are methods that im not going to share that provides the power needed to make mass rep a viable option that will not risk your life with 2 men on deck all game. and no its not power docking. Its not meant to be operated by a team that doesnt know the bc inside and out :p requires lots of teamwork to make it function at minimum risk.

only thing wrong with it is that it leaves you as a sitting duck if the enemy times their assault well, you wont have the energy to retreat when you need to most. But with careful power control a power based build and 2 very capable people on deck it has great use, just dont try to do it with randoms.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:18 pm 
CCA
perhaps though, the replicator numbers COULD be changed to where bulk purchases of a mineral cost less than smaller ones. I do make use of the replicator as is but i would like to see the mineral/energy ratio decreased. first 10 minerals = full cost but can it somehow scale to where 300-400 minerals have a small discount?

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 pm 
CCI
Wiki edits: 16
just get upgrades to the mass replicator to reduce the cost of energy to buy stuff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:10 pm 
CCA
thats just more minerals spent though, the cost already requires 10-12 minutes to see profits, upgrades wouldnt be the answer. either the amount of energy per purchase is decreased, bulk sales are enabled for cheaper large purchases, or the cost of the mass rep should be a tad cheaper.

-Join CCA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 pm 
CCI
or add more abilities to the mass rep and make it a requirement to get some upgrades like maby chomper upgrades or something resource related

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:29 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 50
IvanX wrote:
If you disagree and really think rep is used alot, then give me a reply of a game, where teams were even and one won over another by buying replicator, i'll gladly watch it and point out what hostile team did wrong, cause if they didn't then this doesn't make much sense.

Nice try, but if you want CCA replays you'll have to play us in a clan match. ;)

But here's a replay where we were winning with the mass replicator till I goofed up the shields. Feel free to point out the other team's wrongdoings as much as you want. A lot of team communication was going on over VoIP, so bear that in mind when watching.

Attachments:
Cruiser Command (69).SC2Replay [322.49 KiB]
Downloaded 91 times

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:44 pm 
CCI
ah! got the idea on connecting mass replicator and upgrades

Miner upgrade

-requires mass replicator puchased
-25Y 50B 50R 10G

reduces cooldown of the empowere mining beam by 15S (from 35 to 20) makes miners better at mining in the late game but would need the backup of the energy upgrades to hold it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 am 
Wiki edits: 0
DumbMarine wrote:
IvanX wrote:

Nice try, but if you want CCA replays you'll have to play us in a clan match. ;)

But here's a replay where we were winning with the mass replicator till I goofed up the shields. Feel free to point out the other team's wrongdoings as much as you want. A lot of team communication was going on over VoIP, so bear that in mind when watching.

ittadakimasu :p going to watch it now to steal your tactics and put them right against you!

-----
that reply wouldn't convince anyone in mat rep being beneficial, more over it's opposite, you just prolonged game, when you could have won it before buying the rep by getting a boost and having miners search for veldite for power docking while you chased hostile cruiser

----

yet another idea about making mass rep a little more useful is making it work same as power console - stability

And by that i mean, each mineral can be increased or decreased in output, default output is 0, which does nothing, when you increase it, mat replicator used energy up every second and produces some kind of mineral, the higher you put this value, the less ratio you get for making resources, so if you use it slowly - and get less resources you use less energy to produce minerals, and make it have opposite function, refining resources to gain energy - working same way.
If you put it to -10% you lose one of resources slowly by getting energy, if you put it to like -50%, you lose that resource much faster but gain energy faster (not as efficient as low percentage rate thou).

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=387

- It gets wet.