Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Moving Asteroids Persisting on Minimap
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:08 am 
CCI
How do you have the 8 different units set up? Is it one for each model? Or is it more like one for each color? Because if moving kerm is its own unit, you could probably just change the Fog Visibility to Hidden on just that one unit in the Data Module.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:14 pm 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
Asteroids were created back in the day and I couldn't get model variations working. It's one unit for each model. Asteroid detection is done by checking for the hover type.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:22 am 
CCI
Would it break the asteroid detection triggers to make one of those 8 units be the unit used for all stationary asteroids, another for all moving (kerm) asteroids, and the other 6 left in existence, but unused? If so, you could leave the first unit as is but change the Fog Visibility to Hidden on the second unit.

Then, when a stationary asteroid is created (in a trigger), instead of picking 1 of the 8 random units and then assigning it a color; could it always pick the first asteroid unit, assign it a random model, and assign it a color?

And then the same for the moving asteroids, except that it picks the second unit?

Based on my understanding of how you wrote it, this would not break asteroid color detection, because essentially its the same as before, except that you'll just never come across 6 of the existing units. But it would still work fine for the 2 being used, because, just as before, an instance of either of those 2 units could be assigned to any of the 4 colors.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:03 am 
Creator
Well, one problem with having all model variations as the same unit is that they all have very different heights on the models. I fix this by using a local offset site operation to pull them up or down to keep them all at the same height. Doing the same thing for one actor with different models, would be annoying and I'm not sure how I would do it.

However, since the flying ones are already just one specific model type, I could just create a new one for that model and have it not show up on the minimap.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:32 am 
Creator
This has been fixed in the dev version.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:24 am 
CCI
Nice! OP developer as always.