Cruiser Command

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Unable to access console bug (Again)
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:12 pm 
CCA
Wiki edits: 0
Not sure what caused it, but it managed to block Nav, Science, and Weapons of BOTH BC's, and the AFK/disconnect did NOT work

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1615395/Cruiser%C2%A0Command%20%28914%29.SC2Replay

Post subject: Re: Unable to access console bug (Again)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:56 pm 
CCA
bump - is there something more we should of tried in order to get you the necessary debug info on this?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:06 pm 
CCI
Bump

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:14 pm 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
Is this something that happens regularly or was it once in a blue moon? I have invisible debug messages in place and I'll try to look at the replay this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:26 am 
CCA
Siretu wrote:
Is this something that happens regularly or was it once in a blue moon? I have invisible debug messages in place and I'll try to look at the replay this weekend.

I think this one was particularly bad as it disabled a ton more stuff than normal (and on both BC's somehow), but it does happen on occasion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:14 am 
Creator
Wiki edits: 115
Summarizing what I wrote in the Skype chat:

Tristx caused the initial problem by managing to enter the nav console in the start screen. Since some init stuff happens after the start screen goes away, it apparently broke the nav console.

The rest of the issues was caused by disconnect console. It seems like if you use it on a seemingly occupied console, it will find the closest marine in a console and kick it off. Since it wasn't connected to the original console, it will break that one too. Fortunately, I have checks to make sure that the console and unit are connected before going ahead with the kick. Unfortunately, this check was for some reason only being applied to part of the logic, which further resulted in broken behavior. I've moved everything into this sanity check and it should be working now.

Anyway, this means that when you repeatedly tried to disconnect nav, you broke the drones on weapon and science too, and when those were broken, the next step was to break the nav console that Corinthian was using on the other team.

I'll also look into fixing the original issue with getting control of the nav console before the game starts.

Edit: I fixed the original issue in the easiest way I could think of. Marines are no longer selected until the start screen disappears.